Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M4 in HBO's "The Last of US"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Certainly nothing wrong with liking the look of something. Weapons are included in that.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Certainly nothing wrong with liking the look of something. Weapons are included in that.
    I’m glad you said this, I agree. OP rock want you want to rock. It’s no different than people making clone MK12’s, Mk18’s, or the Shughart M4.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Do what you want with your own property. Who cares what anybody else thinks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just drag it behind your truck on a gravel road for a few miles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Buy the decorative tape known as "Paki tape" that that the Afghans used to decorate their ARs and AKs. It is festive and will give the gun a Khyber Pass aura.

https://reaperfeed.com/paki-tape-ak-accessories/

https://www.echo93.com/product-page/green-paki-tape

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Just shoot your gun, it will look that way eventually. Sanding the finish off your gun is the equivalent of 16 year old girls buying jeans made with giant holes in the knees.

This

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I got some pics from a Kid that was at Ft. Campell, he was a mortar guy, but his AR had some milage. Looked like the one in The Last of Us. It actually reminded me the other night.

I can't imagine how many rounds down range with that bad boy.

PB
    Probably due to excessive/improper cleaning more so than rounds down range. I knew way too many Marines who attacked their weapons with steel brushes, oven cleaner, and the like.

Feedback Score
    Use a sharpie to cover bare spots.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    People actually do this shit to Guitars. "Relic" them. It's so fukking gay and repulsive to me. You could even pay a premium to get a relic guitar cable from one company.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I got some pics from a Kid that was at Ft. Campell, he was a mortar guy, but his AR had some milage. Looked like the one in The Last of Us. It actually reminded me the other night.

I can't imagine how many rounds down range with that bad boy.

PB
    Here's CB's gun:

Last edited by markm; 02-08-23 at 07:56.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkoglman View Post
    Probably due to excessive/improper cleaning more so than rounds down range. I knew way too many Marines who attacked their weapons with steel brushes, oven cleaner, and the like.
    Agree this happens (you forgot the green scrub pads), but I was issued a brand new FN M-16A2 before I went to Iraq and remember still how silver-worn it was when I turned it in. I was not a door kicker, was in an AVIM unit, but carrying/wearing the rifle everywhere and everyday in and out of vehicles, aircraft, etc. put an amazing amount of wear on the finish.

IMHO you cannot artificially create the look of honest wear.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-09-23 at 07:18.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast