Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: M4 in HBO's "The Last of US"

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I understand that from post #2. (And thank you for diving into that for us) But really, what is your take on rat rods? I mean people that make nicer old cars look rusty and falling apart! Morans amirite
    To each their own man. If you want to sand the finish off your new gun for Instagram go for it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkoglman View Post
    I was a company commander and the scout sniper platoon was in my company. Nobody had a problem with the snipers rattle canning their M40s, but when I suggested we spray paint the half silver M16s back to black (if not something found in nature) the battalion commander looked at me like I was a heretic. I hope things have changed.
    I always thought it was hilarious that we could rattle can a 10k gun from precision weapons in Quantico, but spray painting a $500 colt m4 was some kind of mortal sin, and/or would make SgtMaj have a stroke.

Anyways...when I was a TL we couldn't even get the company commander to figure this out....so....progress? haha.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    To each their own man. If you want to sand the finish off your new gun for Instagram go for it.
    Well thank you for the permission! Whew...Was on pins and needles for a while.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Well thank you for the permission! Whew...Was on pins and needles for a while.
    Must have bothered you enough to address me personally.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    I always thought it was hilarious that we could rattle can a 10k gun from precision weapons in Quantico, but spray painting a $500 colt m4 was some kind of mortal sin, and/or would make SgtMaj have a stroke.

Anyways...when I was a TL we couldn't even get the company commander to figure this out....so....progress? haha.
    1966, I remember approaching a mess sgt. with logic while on kp, I still have the blisters on my ass from his response. Logic doesn't live in the military.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    Logic doesn't live in the military.
    110% agree.

Feedback Score
    well , i was thinking along the lines of variety when i started the thread , i was primarily an AK guy up until about 4 0r 5 years ago , bought my first Ak in 1985 , i have several that are natural worn having had them for decades , i never had any interest in black rifles , then one day i asked to see a Colt in a shop and decided to go home with it , then i had a couple , but they were boring , just different flavors of black

so then we developed a coyote problem and didnt think the Rem 700 .243 was going to fulfill the needs as a ranch gun if caught a pack running through my field so i built my first AR , bought parts all on sale and with coupons , $350 PSA when i was done , no worries as to finishes , i rattle canned it ,its a beater , ever since ive been going through trying to make each rifle unique . everything is pretty , im not as bad as the guy with the sharpie but maintained and cared for , stored properly , dehumidifier safe , oiled ect ,but theres only so much you can do ,i was just thinking out of the box , love the Rat Rod analogy , and also who said everyone tastes are different , so true

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Not sure why someone would want to emulate something on show that is 100% Hollywoke propaganda that wants to push their homo-trans ideas into your kids heads through media. You would think gun owning freedom loving M4c members would balk at the idea right...right?
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Not sure why someone would want to emulate something on show that is 100% Hollywoke propaganda that wants to push their homo-trans ideas into your kids heads through media. You would think gun owning freedom loving M4c members would balk at the idea right...right?
    They're the same scum that fund the politicians who want your guns, hot garbage.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    He likes the way a worn gun looks, he doesn't like the way gay trans look, or the homos that push that propaganda.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast