Thread: TA31F Calibration Question

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

TA31F Calibration Question

I was just now about to purchase a TA31F from Primary Arms but stopped when I saw in the item’s description that this ACOG is calibrated for 55grn rounds. I thought I’d seen on this site and TOS that the reticle was, in fact, calibrated for 62grn rounds (which is what I desire). Could you all confirm for me that 62grn 5.56 is correct? I looked at Trijicon’s site and it wasn’t helpful in this regard.

Many Thanks!
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

O•MARS•CORROBORA•ME•VT•PVGNARE•PERGAM

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Man.. I can't help EXACTLY, but if it's calibrated to 5.56mm, the bullet weight isn't THAT critical in my experience. We're running the COGs out to 600 and 750, and the M4A1 reticle tracks great with 69 gr and 77 gr. M855 is hotter, so I don't understand how the SS109 bullet doesn't outrun the BDC, but we don't shoot that stuff anyway.

Like sinister, here, posted (I think)... the reticle is an estimation tool, not the precise answer of a Nightforce dial up. And the trajectory of 55 and 62 is close enough to 500, that I wouldn't sweat it. My 2 cents.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sweet. That works for me.
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

O•MARS•CORROBORA•ME•VT•PVGNARE•PERGAM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get a copy of Strelok and play with the settings. You could custom design a reticle for a specific barrel shooting a specific bullet/powder/case/primer at a specific elevation and in specific weather conditions with holdovers that would be dead on at a given range, but the second one or more parts of that deviates the holdovers are also going to deviate.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-31-23 at 09:00.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    What barrel length and ammo? Absolute cowitness height? I can run the numbers on Strelok for you.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.