Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo K vs Recce 5 for 12.5" 5.56

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Do you think the Turbo K is sufficient for a 12.5" or would the full size Turbo be worth the extra weight and length?

Just brain storming here, I'm also hoping to get a suppressor this year.
    Do you think the Turbo K is good on a 12.5?
    I currently have a 10.3 and was leaning towards the full size Turbo but have since been bitten by the 12.5 bug and plan to build one of those.
    Tough question. In my own use, yes, a Turbo K is generally enough on a 12.5”. As Clint says, thats the magic of a 12.5”. Would a full Turbo be quieter? Or quieter on a 11.5”, even? Yeah, absolutely. But a 12.5” is the sweet spot thats long enough that short cans do well, and also don’t get eroded as badly, or give up too much ballistically. Its also just short enough that your gun doesn’t turn into a polearm with a can. I tend to use a inch longer can on my ~11.5” guns, and am stuck with a inch shorter handguard. The Turbo K really shines on “longer” SBRs.

TL;DR: yeah, I recommend the Turbo K, and its one of my most used cans on a 12.5”, along with the MG7k I use at night.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-02-23 at 19:57.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    @1168, @CLINT, thank you for the info!

Feedback Score
    Big thanks for the info @1168 and @Clint ! I'm going to the dealer tomorrow after work, we'll see what he has in stock!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Y’all are welcome. Let us know what you see there.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Ordered 2 TurboK's from Capital Armory but plan to direct mount them on a couple 16" barrels. The responses about how good the can is for the money is uplifting. Was just looking for lightweight and shortest to tame some of the 223 bark.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Ordered 2 TurboK's from Capital Armory but plan to direct mount them on a couple 16" barrels. The responses about how good the can is for the money is uplifting. Was just looking for lightweight and shortest to tame some of the 223 bark.
    On a 16”, if you just want it to tame the bark, you may be pleasantly surprised.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Y’all are welcome. Let us know what you see there.
    Went with the Turbo K today, as @markm stated, in stock trumps all. The dealer gave me a great price, and was great to deal with. He was pretty well stocked, mostly YHM and SilencerCo cans. Said the majority of the cans he sells are Turbo K's, Resonators, and Omega 300's. He does sell a few Griffin and Huxwrx cans, but not much. Now the wait begins....
    Last edited by IALoder; 02-04-23 at 16:51.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12