Thread: Milled 5.56x45 side folding AK SBR built by Two Rivers Arms

Feedback Score

Milled 5.56x45 side folding AK SBR built by Two Rivers Arms

After literally years of asking questions on theakforum.com and gathering parts, I was finally able to get everything that I needed for my dream 5.56x45 milled receiver AK SBR build. I sent the parts off to Two Rivers Arms and this is what I got back today. To say that it's beyond my expectations would be an understatement. The attention to detail and the finish are awesome. For those who want to know, the receiver was made by Tortort, the 12.5" barrel assembly is Bulgarian and specifically made for milled receivers, the bolt and carrier are Polish and the stock set is US made. It takes Bulgarian waffle and Polish Beryl magazines. At my request, Two Rivers Arms built it as an SBR. Now I have to wait for the Form 4 to be approved.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gorgeous. Will you be suppressing it? What is the weight with the milled receiver?

Feedback Score
    I'm definitely open to suppressing it, but I'll first have to determine if it's actually suppressible. The gas port on the barrel was drilled at the factory, so it's likely over gassed. If that's the case, I'll need to get a flow through suppressor or a KNS piston. I'm leaning towards the former. I'd also need to verify that the threads on the front sight/gas block are concentric to the bore. Finally, I'll need to get a suppressor. Again, I'm leaning to the flow through kind, but I really don't know enough to make a good decision at this point. I'll like to get one that I could also use on my AR15's and M16. I don't even know if that exists.

I don't know the weight and won't be able to weigh it until it gets out of jail. I have an Arsenal SLR-106CR which is basically identical, except that it has a stamped receiver. It will be interesting to compare the two.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see. I didn't know if you were interested in getting a complete product, just to change up the internals just to satisfy suppression. A flow through would definitely be more ideal in a factory gas port configuration. However depending on the concentricity of the threaded gas block, that could be an issue. Then again, because it's 556, if you use an overbored suppressor you might be lucky either way.

Feedback Score
    It looks the same, but now it's out of jail and home. Both Polish Beryl and Bulgarian waffle magazines lock in nice and tight. I'll probably put a 3x24 ACOG on it, but I'm open to ideas.

Feedback Score
    Very nice, thanks for the update. How does it shoot?

I visited the TRA shop several years ago, one of the builders was working on a BM59. The company is owned by LTC Ret. Steve Russell, they did several rifles for the movie American Sniper. After a term representing the 45th district in the Oklahoma Senate he was elected U.S. Rep for the Oklahoma 5th district in 2014 and unseated by the Dem candidate in 2018.

Feedback Score
    I have not shot it yet, but it's the next gun on my list to shoot.