Thread: Laser bore sight

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    HELL YEAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Time to pull some scopes off!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, I figured it might be better than nothing. If you had to use one would you get one you place in the muzzle or chamber?
    Last edited by odugrad; 02-01-23 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    They are only necessary, imo, for rifles with which bore sighting is not possible, e.g. lever actions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    Well, I figured it might be better than nothing. If you had to use one would you get one you place in the muzzle or chamber?
    Muzzle... definitely. They are just all around better, though usually more expensive, however there are numerous benefits to the muzzle ones:

They are almost always more accurate.
    It's far easier to make adjustments to the beam/unit.
    They usually have easily replaced mandrels for use with different calibers.
    There is no need to disassemble components from the weapon in order to use it (other than sound suppressors).

And... Most of the military oses even have a dry-fire mode that allows you practice your shots with the help of an assistant who sits by the target & marks the point where the laser "blips" each time you drop the hammer.

MA2
    Last edited by MA2_Navy_Veteran; 02-01-23 at 14:06.
    ,——'――';=====±—-
    !‚–’――ƒΉΆ
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Chamber. Muzzle-types are more prone to not being true to chamber / barrel axis.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Great for shotguns sighting in a red dot.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Chamber. Muzzle-types are more prone to not being true to chamber / barrel axis.
    This pretty much only applies to those that use plastic mandrels, or if the bore sight is not used correctly (laser not properly secured to the mandrel, or mandrel not properly (fully) seated in the muzzle).

MA2
    ,——'――';=====±—-
    !‚–’――ƒΉΆ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Laser bore sight

It’s only meant to be a rough in to get you on paper.

A flashlight down the bore will likely get you on paper if you’re not already there……..A properly mounted scope and base should be on paper using a standard sight-in target at 50-100 regardless.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-02-23 at 17:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MA2_Navy_Veteran View Post
    Muzzle... definitely. They are just all around better, though usually more expensive, however there are numerous benefits to the muzzle ones:

They are almost always more accurate.
    It's far easier to make adjustments to the beam/unit.
    They usually have easily replaced mandrels for use with different calibers.
    There is no need to disassemble components from the weapon in order to use it (other than sound suppressors).

And... Most of the military oses even have a dry-fire mode that allows you practice your shots with the help of an assistant who sits by the target & marks the point where the laser "blips" each time you drop the hammer.

MA2
    Betting the one you have is in a whole different league than many commercial ones though.

I tried a muzzle version(think it was Bushnell) with plans to use it for initial bore site and quick check after zeroing and before hunting trips, but rotating it in the muzzle had it drawing a 2"-3" diameter circle at down the hall distance.

Ended up with a chamber version that seems a little better, but I am going to say it is still toy level compared to yours.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Here is a rather decent article from RECOIL which I think does a great job covering this topic (various types of bore sights) which I think is probably best to help the OP make up his mind as to how to go, however, the article doesn't cover the military model (AN/PEM-1) which I previously mentioned. & just for reference, usually runs between $75-@$250 off Egay so keep that in mind as even though the LBS-300 uses a visible red laser - it runs off a standard AA battery, and is still an outstanding muzzle bore sight system.

https://www.recoilweb.com/bore-sight...de-128836.html
    ,——'――';=====±—-
    !‚–’――ƒΉΆ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12