Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: small, light infantry fighting knife

Feedback Score

small, light infantry fighting knife

So I've been lurking over the knife threads for some years, and have come up in the past with good options for EDC and quality pocket knives that I generally carry in my truck or backpacking through the woods, but as far as a decent fighting fixed blade, I'm horribly uniformed.

After getting out 10 years ago I bought a OKC USMC Ka-Bar Bayonet, which I knew was better then the Ka-bar brand, but sold it to a fellow vet in college because I paid over $200 for it and needed the money. I ended up with the Gerber Infantry fighting knife with the serrated blade, some years later which is heavy and clinks around in the plastic sheath, over all way too much knife. I'm now thinking of taking a scout course, or more "modern minute man" type basic infantry tactics course with a buddy of mine and want a dedicated fixed blade that I can use, but I can also use for skinning a deer, general purpose woods knife, the kicker is I want smaller, lighter, and better built. I would like to keep it around $150-$200 because I tend to loose or miss place such things if I'm not using them daily, or every once in a while find them with my brother in law or father in law like so many tools. I'm keen to hear suggestions.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Spartan Blades Alala.

Feedback Score
    Benchmade Nimravus

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Spyderco Street Beat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zgrins1 View Post
    Benchmade Nimravus
    Oh, there's a knife that doesn't get the mentions anymore.

I like my Nim Cub very much.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Winkler Belt Knife

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestions
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zgrins1 View Post
    Benchmade Nimravus
    This, a Becker short drop point. https://www.knivesplus.com/shortbeckerknifebkt-16.html or an Enzo Trapper 95 https://www.discountcutlery.net/BRI2...e_p_45244.html

All would be good GP belt knives but IMHO all of the 3 could have larger guards. Nothing like your hand slipping down the blade to ruin a good knife fight.

Andy

P.S. I am neither Infantry or a knife fighter. I understand a little about utility blades though.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-11-23 at 07:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A little above budget, but it comes in 3V or Magnacut steel. Your choice. It's on pre-order.

https://surviveknives.com/v-5-5-combat/

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for this, I got the Spartan Blades Alala which is exactly what I wanted for small handy tactical/ hunting/ outdoor knife. I really like this thing, having said that I'm probably also going to pick up the Benchmade Nimravus, I did some research on this and it does seem like everyone's favorite for a fighting knife, which I need to probably upgrade to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast