Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PIPE SMOKERS...Come on in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

PIPE SMOKERS...Come on in.

In an effort both to get our minds off current turmoils & to learn a few things personally, Id like to open this up to all here who smoke
    a pipe..and I do mean a TOBACCO pipe, specifically.
    I recently have re-taken up pipe smoking after close to 40 years of being pipe smoke free. I thought about it a long, long time before I decided to lightly wade in and see if I wanted to do it, could do, and if it wouldnt make me want to smoke cigs again. It has not, at all. I started with two low cost pipes from Missouri Meeschum..a cob and a hardwood, and 3 nice aromatic tobaccos..Cult Blood Red Moon Cherry, C&D Apricots & Cream, and some Great Dane vanilla...ALL delicious.
    Have now branched off into some Lane Q-1 and Peterson Early Morning Pipe. Both nice as well.
    I find pipe smoking to be pleasant, relaxing, and just something that reminds me of growing up when lots of men..MEN, the real kind back then,
    smoked pipes all day. I had a lot of learning to do..whats out there..techniques, how to do this & that. So much info on youtube its unreal.
    So-the purpose here is for anyone who is a fan of the pipe, chime in, let us know what youre smoking, details on your pipes, just anything you wish to discuss pipe related. I know I have a LOT of questions, going forward.
    Good smoking!
    This is my new Savinelli 611 HONEY...sweet pipe!

Last edited by Straight Shooter; 02-04-23 at 01:11.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Oh..... I thought that this was going to be a thread about Hunter........

In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    That was funny.

I’ve always been fascinated with pipes. How does the tobacco compare to cigarettes? I don’t smoke, but growing up I had a relative who worked for Philip Morris back when it was Philip Morris. They had every brand of cigarette under the sun at their house so of course being a teen I had to try them all.

Smoking a pipe always seemed so sophisticated.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    That was funny.

I’ve always been fascinated with pipes. How does the tobacco compare to cigarettes? I don’t smoke, but growing up I had a relative who worked for Philip Morris back when it was Philip Morris. They had every brand of cigarette under the sun at their house so of course being a teen I had to try them all.

Smoking a pipe always seemed so sophisticated.
    I quit cigs cold turkey. And all this time I still absolutely cant stand them.
    Since I dont inhale the pipe smoke, and it being very aromatic..I savor the smoke more and it tastes and good, and smell terrific in a room.
    Pipe smoking is more sophisticated..thats a good word to use. I dont use it to satisfy a nicotine fit, I go days without even touching them.
    Its just vastly different to me, than smoking cigarettes.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I quit cigs cold turkey. And all this time I still absolutely cant stand them.
    Since I dont inhale the pipe smoke, and it being very aromatic..I savor the smoke more and it tastes and good, and smell terrific in a room.
    Pipe smoking is more sophisticated..thats a good word to use. I dont use it to satisfy a nicotine fit, I go days without even touching them.
    Its just vastly different to me, than smoking cigarettes.
    I doubt I have been around more than a half dozen pipe smokers in my life, but don't recall any pipe tobacco smelling harsh like some cigarettes and cigars. Usually at least pleasant to very good aroma.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I thought about getting into pipe smoking but I feel its a thing retired people do, I cant imagine myself hauling a pipe and bag around when I go to break from my grill at work.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've gotten back into smoking pipes.

Best thing I've found in enhancing the overall smoking experience is to dry the tobacco out before you pack your pipe. My routine in the morning is to take out some tobacco, spread it out on a piece of paper. Make coffee, shower up, dress, pack your work bag, then just before you head out, pack the pipe.

Another thing is smoking slowly and by that I mean let the tobacco cool before taking another puff, but doing so often enough you don't have to relight it.

@Sidneyious with a large enough pipe, you could pack a pipe and smoke it all day. I usually enjoy a pipe on my way to work, and enjoy the same pipe at lunch break and on the drive home and by then I'm down to the "dottle" which I just dump.

My favorite so far has been Orlik's Golden Sliced. @Straight Shooter if you liked Blood Red Moon, you may enjoy Hobbit's Weed from 4noggins.com just know it smokes best with a lot of drying time.

Feedback Score
    I finished my last cigarette on Jan 2 around lunchtime. Haven’t had one since. Only a month, but I’ll take it.

I’ve kicked around the idea of getting into cigar smoking and/or pipe smoking for years, just haven’t ever taken the plunge. I’ll be keeping my eye on this thread.
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadslinger585 View Post
    I've gotten back into smoking pipes.

Best thing I've found in enhancing the overall smoking experience is to dry the tobacco out before you pack your pipe. My routine in the morning is to take out some tobacco, spread it out on a piece of paper. Make coffee, shower up, dress, pack your work bag, then just before you head out, pack the pipe.

Another thing is smoking slowly and by that I mean let the tobacco cool before taking another puff, but doing so often enough you don't have to relight it.

@Sidneyious with a large enough pipe, you could pack a pipe and smoke it all day. I usually enjoy a pipe on my way to work, and enjoy the same pipe at lunch break and on the drive home and by then I'm down to the "dottle" which I just dump.

My favorite so far has been Orlik's Golden Sliced. @Straight Shooter if you liked Blood Red Moon, you may enjoy Hobbit's Weed from 4noggins.com just know it smokes best with a lot of drying time.
    as someone who hates the taste of a relit cig or even a black and mild I dont think I could stand re lighting a pipe. hell I cant even stand cigars that I have to relight and I used a ****ing torch to light that damn thing.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Anybody want to see a picture of my throat/tongue cancer?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast