Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PIPE SMOKERS...Come on in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    No no, I smoked terribly hard for about 10 years...quit smoking cigs in '91 cold turkey. Stopped smoking pipes in '85, 38 years ago, sorry if I misspoke.
    Even still, If you can kick that habit after 10 years - Cold turkey like you did...

That is freaking WILL POWER and nothing to be taken lightly.

When my mom finally kicked the habit (after multiple failed attempts) she went to her doctor and got put on Chantix. For her it gave her enough 'help' there at the beginning that it worked.

Takes a much stronger person to kick a habit that nasty cold turkey.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Even still, If you can kick that habit after 10 years - Cold turkey like you did...

That is freaking WILL POWER and nothing to be taken lightly.

When my mom finally kicked the habit (after multiple failed attempts) she went to her doctor and got put on Chantix. For her it gave her enough 'help' there at the beginning that it worked.

Takes a much stronger person to kick a habit that nasty cold turkey.
    Thank you ...BUT, here is the story on that.
    I had had a chest cold for 3 days, coughing and fairly sick. Went hunting on the farm one rainy morning, sick...shot a small buck. Was standing over him, about to dress him, and thought..Ill have a smoke, because I hadnt had one the past three days I was sick.
    MAN..it tasted TERRIBLE. Two puffs in..I flicked it and that was that. I now know...AND CLAIM...God got me off those things, Ive always credited Him with that. And I still cannot stand the smell of cigarettes or smoke.
    But..me & the pipe are gettin along swimmingly.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Thank you ...BUT, here is the story on that.
    I had had a chest cold for 3 days, coughing and fairly sick. Went hunting on the farm one rainy morning, sick...shot a small buck. Was standing over him, about to dress him, and thought..Ill have a smoke, because I hadnt had one the past three days I was sick.
    MAN..it tasted TERRIBLE. Two puffs in..I flicked it and that was that. I now know...AND CLAIM...God got me off those things, Ive always credited Him with that. And I still cannot stand the smell of cigarettes or smoke.
    But..me & the pipe are gettin along swimmingly.
    So you still smoke. I wouldn’t be patting myself on the back to hard if all I did was change the way I smoked my tobacco.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123