Thread: Best place for cerakote finishing

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Best place for cerakote finishing

Not sure if this is the correct forum however I’m looking for some companies you all have used for cerakoting your AR15s.

I’ve found one in Easton PA and am still doing some research on them. They say they’re factory trained and certified, but I’m not sure if that really means anything.

Who do you all recommend?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Blown Deadline and Weapon Works are two of the best.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Thank you kind sir,

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    If they are factory certified they should be good to go.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    That’s good to know as well. I didn’t know if that was some type of “HEY LOOK AT ME! Type deal.

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    If they are factory certified they should be good to go.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    That’s good to know as well. I didn’t know if that was some type of “HEY LOOK AT ME! Type deal.
    No, it's a two-day class and they go over a LOT of information. We knew a guy that was doing it as he had a lot of experience with other coating and just read the direction on the paint and thought he was GTG. After talking with a certified applicator he was doing a lot of things wrong.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    A good friend of mine is a "school-trained" Duracoat applicator. He is a gunsmith also. On his own dime a number of years ago he attended the Lauer Custom Duracoat course in Wisconsin. He paid for the course, airfare, and hotel room. So finding a company-certified Cerakote applicator wouldn't be an unreasonable demand.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Blown Deadline and Weapon Works are two of the best.
    Blown Deadline does some great work, especially if you are looking for patterns or unique ideas.

Here are some he has done for me...

Rail, grip and stock on this one.

Rail, grip, stock and mag on this one.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some more BDL

Rail, grip and stock.

Rail, grip, stock, and mag.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Just make sure you stick to known companies that do it correctly. I specifically asked a local company not to remove the factory anodizing on an upper, and handguard. Once I got it back and used it for a couple hundred rounds I noticed it had in fact been blasted down to bare aluminum then coated. Not sure of the long term issues it may have but it has been on a shelf since.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson