Thread: MI "Alpha" components for the AK

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

MI "Alpha" components for the AK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtLMYUPHu1c

A tip of the hat to MI for producing this and for this guy for posting a complete video. Most vids of folding stocks never show you the mechanism or how well they fold, clearance, etc. He could have done MORE, but OK. One issue he did not address is weight. I think they are 21 oz + so I am not inclined to jump on this, but I do think it is about what the Zenitco was. Full of features, and pretty well made though.

Too bad Magpul did NOT make the Zhukov with an alloy/steel folding mech.

Feedback Score
    Agree. Makes me want to build another AK with it though, lol!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I've got an SAR-1 that I've been upgrading, I need one of these 10" handguards and railed top cover. Stock is badass too, but I just installed a Bonesteel folder. Looks like MI did a nice job.

Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think they did a great job - at least it looks like it. Please let us know how it all goes.

I just try to keep things as light as possible, so its not me for now. If this would have been available 3-4 years ago I might have thrown all this on a SAIGA. But for me the combo of the LIGHT RS regulate and an Ultimak is GTG. Having a no crap top cover rail that works IS pretty nice.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I really wish they offered 4.5/5.5mm trunnion compatibility. Other than that they look solid
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.