Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DA Sierra 5 Experiences

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Ok I took the rifle back out yesterday to try to see if I could get the bolt to fail to lock back again, but it didn't happen.

I'm not sure what could have been causing it the first time, but it seems like it went away. A couple things I want to mention are:

-I did say it was a 0.069 gas port, this is what was published on the product page. I never measured the gas port myself, so it could be possible that it's smaller than that.
    -The temperature outside was actually in the low 30's the first time I had the fail-to-lock back incidents. I don't know if that's cold enough to cause anything.
    -There was a brand new springco green spring in there.

Regardless, everything is ok now.

Feedback Score
    w3453l, sounds like you have the perfect AR upper to run suppressed, lol. My DDV7 upper I have tuned for a Surefire SOCOM RC2 5.56 + A5 buffer system just runs without the can but runs like a butter through knife with the can.

I am interested in feedback on the Sierra 5 for multiple reasons. #1 being I have several rifles in 5.45/5.56 that benefit from the Keymo attachment system over say Surefire's or the like. Dead Air makes flash hiders (along with JMACs) that mate to the muzzle and not the shoulder of the barrel among other things. Regardless, I have been eyeballing the Sierra 5, and I'm waiting on feedback before I order one.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    w3453l, sounds like you have the perfect AR upper to run suppressed, lol. My DDV7 upper I have tuned for a Surefire SOCOM RC2 5.56 + A5 buffer system just runs without the can but runs like a butter through knife with the can.

I am interested in feedback on the Sierra 5 for multiple reasons. #1 being I have several rifles in 5.45/5.56 that benefit from the Keymo attachment system over say Surefire's or the like. Dead Air makes flash hiders (along with JMACs) that mate to the muzzle and not the shoulder of the barrel among other things. Regardless, I have been eyeballing the Sierra 5, and I'm waiting on feedback before I order one.
    Yes I'm really loving this rifle so far. I'll definitely post feedback in this thread once my suppressor comes through.

I was pretty surprised at how small and light the suppressor was when handling it in the store.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I’m about to buy my first suppressor that will be going on an 11.5” FBI Spec barrel with 0.069 gas port. I’ve been researching and reading between here and other forums trying to pick what “the best” 5.56 suppressor would be.

I know 5.56 SBR won’t be hearing safe no matter what. I’m mostly trying to just take the edge off of the concussion of a short barrel.

I have a PRI Gas Buster CH on the upper already, and as far as I know that’s all I can do about minimizing gas to face (im not interested in adjustable gas blocks).

I’ve narrowed my choices to DA Sierra 5 or Sandman.

For a suppressor staying on a 5.56 AR, is there any benefit to getting the larger Sandman?

The only other thing I’m mainly concerned with is backpressure, but I haven’t seen any negative things said about the Sierra 5.

Does anyone have any input/reasons to avoid the Sierra 5?

Some final details about the host AR:

-11.5” Centurion w/ FBI spec barrel (mine has 0.069 gas port; I know they were recently changed)
    -Lower receiver has A5H2 buffer (I can move up to an H3 if need be)
    -I have an FCD 6315XE (Xeno mount) already installed on the barrel, but if there’s good enough reason I don’t mind switching to something else before I make a purchase.
    I have a Sierra 5 and Mask along with a Wolfman still in ATF jail since July. I need to order a couple 6315XE's to accommodate my DDM4V5 and a 12.5" upper with a BRT barrel. We'll see how they deal with the additional backpressure. For some reason, DA doesn't make a Xeno adapter for the Wolfman from what I understand, so I have to go with Keymo on that one.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I have a Sierra 5 and Mask along with a Wolfman still in ATF jail since July. I need to order a couple 6315XE's to accommodate my DDM4V5 and a 12.5" upper with a BRT barrel. We'll see how they deal with the additional backpressure. For some reason, DA doesn't make a Xeno adapter for the Wolfman from what I understand, so I have to go with Keymo on that one.
    Yes they do, and they are in stock:

https://deadairsilencers.com/product/xeno-adapter/
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Yes they do, and they are in stock:

https://deadairsilencers.com/product/xeno-adapter/
    SOB.

I sent an email to Capital Armory about my order and asked them to adjust my order if possible.

Email: "My current order has the Wolfman with Keymicro adapter. Could I mount this suppressor using the newer Xeno style mount instead? If so, could I get my order switched to the correct Xeno adapter for the Wolfman instead? I will just get a Xeno mount muzzle device for my 300BO SBR and will allow me to keep it as short as possible."

Response: "Unfortunately, that's not something we can do. We do not carry (at least at this time) the Xeno adapters for the Wolfman."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OK. Got a confirmation. That adapter does work...they just don't actually stock it right now. Weird. I guess I will be buying it separately.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Linking recent developments for anyone who might get the wrong impression from this old thread.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-with-Dead-Air

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12