Thread: eBay glitch/scam

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

eBay glitch/scam

I just deleted my EBay account, never again!
    I tried to place an order, and my transaction was declined. I know I have the $ in the bank, so I called the bank.
    eBay charged my account for $237.80, which is the amount of the items intended for purchase.
    There was no order to be found! Nothing on EBay, nothing in my email!
    So…let the fun begin!
    It took me around 20min to find an actual non automated chat. Then they had to locate the correct cs associate to handle my problem.
    That person at first, was not awfully helpful until I flipped the switch on asshole mode, then he conveniently became helpful, and found the transaction, or lack there of.
    Now, it will be 3 to 5 days to get the money back in my account…sorry for the inconvenience.

So, I call the actual gun store in VA, explained the situation. He was happy to do business with me, without EBay, it benefits us both to cut out the middleman anyway. This is a learning experience.
    From now on….If I see something on EBay I plan to purchase…I will go around EBay to do it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I just deleted my EBay account, never again!
    I tried to place an order, and my transaction was declined. I know I have the $ in the bank, so I called the bank.
    eBay charged my account for $237.80, which is the amount of the items intended for purchase.
    There was no order to be found! Nothing on EBay, nothing in my email!
    So…let the fun begin!
    It took me around 20min to find an actual non automated chat. Then they had to locate the correct cs associate to handle my problem.
    That person at first, was not awfully helpful until I flipped the switch on asshole mode, then he conveniently became helpful, and found the transaction, or lack there of.
    Now, it will be 3 to 5 days to get the money back in my account…sorry for the inconvenience.

So, I call the actual gun store in VA, explained the situation. He was happy to do business with me, without EBay, it benefits us both to cut out the middleman anyway. This is a learning experience.
    From now on….If I see something on EBay I plan to purchase…I will go around EBay to do it.
    That was an easy one. You haven't lived until you come across one of the scam "buyers." Before selling anything of significance on ebay, one needs to look at the ebay forums and the descriptions of the scams; there are other websites easily found (not talking dark web here) describing how to "get items free on ebay." The scam usually centers around claiming the item was not as advertised. Ebay immediately seizes the funds, locking them in Paypal for example, and is in favor of the scam buyer. Tough to fix unless one gets an ebay rep who speaks English and grasps what you're saying, and pictures, lots of pictures. No more ebay or PayPal for me. I recognize this is not specifically responding to your post, but it's as a warning for others. Dedicated forums like this one and certain others, with people who have been around a while or, as you say, deal direct with reputable businesses.
    Hurrah for The Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by REDinFL View Post
    That was an easy one. You haven't lived until you come across one of the scam "buyers." Before selling anything of significance on ebay, one needs to look at the ebay forums and the descriptions of the scams; there are other websites easily found (not talking dark web here) describing how to "get items free on ebay." The scam usually centers around claiming the item was not as advertised. Ebay immediately seizes the funds, locking them in Paypal for example, and is in favor of the scam buyer. Tough to fix unless one gets an ebay rep who speaks English and grasps what you're saying, and pictures, lots of pictures. No more ebay or PayPal for me. I recognize this is not specifically responding to your post, but it's as a warning for others. Dedicated forums like this one and certain others, with people who have been around a while or, as you say, deal direct with reputable businesses.
    Well, this dude has 100% rating. I did a search before ordering, and found Tactical Traders is a real store, and they have good reviews.
    They guy answers the phone, and is helpful.
    No red flags. eBay is totally the problem.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I deleted my eBay account this year after having an account since 2000.

It used to be a decent place to find used items at a reasonable cost.

But now the commies own it and everything is retail +. They also force you to use PayPal which I also no longer use after having an account for a similar timeframe.

F all of the commies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has a situation with eBay/PayPal years ago. Guy bought a red dot sight and wanted to clean it up by soaking it in WD40, then claimed it was defective when he bought it. PayPal took the funds from my account. I sent in all the info I had including the emails where he said he soaked the RDS in WD40. PayPal said that because the emails were sent to my personal email and not through the eBay email system they could have been forged. I eventually found an internal PayPal phone listing and went through every number. Eventually I spoke to someone near the top of the company that told me to fax him all the info I had. Once he found out I had 96 pages of documents he said never mind and immediately processed my money return. The whole ordeal took about six months.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    Has a situation with eBay/PayPal years ago. Guy bought a red dot sight and wanted to clean it up by soaking it in WD40, then claimed it was defective when he bought it. PayPal took the funds from my account. I sent in all the info I had including the emails where he said he soaked the RDS in WD40. PayPal said that because the emails were sent to my personal email and not through the eBay email system they could have been forged. I eventually found an internal PayPal phone listing and went through every number. Eventually I spoke to someone near the top of the company that told me to fax him all the info I had. Once he found out I had 96 pages of documents he said never mind and immediately processed my money return. The whole ordeal took about six months.
    Damn…
    That some ridiculous stuff right there.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I had a guy buy a MagPul sling from me. Said it was a fake. Requested a return. I got back a Cheap Chinese knockoff. Contacted eBay and they sided with the buyer. Some Airsoft SH!T-Head got a real sling for the price of a knock-off...... And I was screwed.

After that I deleted my account.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I had a guy buy a MagPul sling from me. Said it was a fake. Requested a return. I got back a Cheap Chinese knockoff. Contacted eBay and they sided with the buyer. Some Airsoft SH!T-Head got a real sling for the price of a knock-off...... And I was screwed.

After that I deleted my account.
    That’s dirty! Yeah screw Ebay.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    ...... They also force you to use PayPal which I also no longer use after having an account for a similar timeframe.

F all of the commies.
    Not any more. They try and get you to use anything but PayPal since they split up.