Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Took my 03A3 to the Range

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I do reload and need to quit being lazy about it. I have a couple of pounds of 4895 and some 4064 as well. Since the ranges I have easy access to are limited to 200 yards, I have been thinking about the 125-gr service rifle loads and the standard 150-gr.

Andy
    Hey Andy, get going, LOL I use H4895 for my M1s and IMR4064 for my 1903A3 rifles. 4064 is easier to find when the need arises, H4895 is pretty tough still, although I have multiple LBs of both powders. I have used the 125 Speer TnT bullets with great success in my M1a but never thought much about them for my M1s or 1903A3 rifles, I may dig them out and have a look. I use 168/175s out of my bolt guns but shoot mostly 150FMJs out of my M1s. No need really to put the extra effort of a match load into what I do but they do help when I have done it. There are other 125 bullets but I always liked these: https://www.speer.com/bullets/
    The previous post when I posted the target that is with IMR4064, shoots pretty well. I guess I could/should try the H4895 but I really like it in my M1s and hate burning it up in "working" up a load when I have a decent enough one now, LOL I shot my 1903A4 the other day and it shot good as usual but I didn't take any good pics of the targets, silly me! Not sure where you get your data from and the internet is always a good starting point for sure and that's where this is from ( https://hodgdon.com/wp-content/uploa...final-data.pdf ) I printed this off and put it in my current book, I like the Hornady newer books cuz they have Service Rifle Data, always nice having it right in front of ya. I have some old info from either the CMP Forums or one of the other surplus places that have loading info, I can't find it online @ the moment but I'm pretty sure I have it printed off and if I find it, I'll make a copy and send it to you if ya want, or just scan & post it here, it's good stuff. Well keep us posted on the old girls & I will do the same. We are running into some crappy weather for a bit so my range days will be few for a while but will update as the days roll on, Happy Shooting.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Just an addendum - my 1903A3 clearly has a 2 groove barrel. I don't know how I was not able to tell before. For what is worth, CMP guaged the muzzle at 1 and throat at 1+.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-05-23 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tuesday my 2 groove 1943 O3A3 will be going out again. Looking forward to it!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123