Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other annoying pistol trends?

Feedback Score

Any other annoying pistol trends?

I am annoyed and just want to complain.

- RDS capable but mount high so sights must be stupid high or aren't available. (Beretta and Springfield come to mind)

- Too-short grips! Full size or Subcompact. We need more "compact". I don't want my little finger on the magazine. Especially for the compact .45's. (Springfield, S&W Sheild for example) Where are our optic-capable compacts that aren't Glocks?

I often want things nobody else does, though. I'd absolutely buy a Glock Gen 5 G38 with a low-milled optic mount. Or a Gen 5 G36X. (Longer grip and 8+1)

Why the hell didn't Beretta just do like Langdon to lower the mount on the 92X RDO? Why aren't there low-milled RDS alloy-framed 4.25 in 1911's and 2011's?

I'd like to hear your rant about pistols / pistol products that annoy you.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’d offer that most manufacturers/producers are less “shooters” than just, business men.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Most of us are wondering why anyone is making new pistols for .40 or .45, and you are asking for a new 45GAP? Is your inability to find a longer gripped compact because you are excluding 9mm? I’d like a ShieldX but have you seen a G43X or P365X?

There are things in the slide like firing pins, strikers, extractors, springs, so the question is really why do consumers demand an optics cut on pistols that are obviously not well suited for it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Most of us are wondering why anyone is making new pistols for .40 or .45, and you are asking for a new 45GAP? Is your inability to find a longer gripped compact because you are excluding 9mm? I’d like a ShieldX but have you seen a G43X or P365X?

There are things in the slide like firing pins, strikers, extractors, springs, so the question is really why do consumers demand an optics cut on pistols that are obviously not well suited for it?
    I've been shooting .45 more lately and reloading it, too. I like it.

About 9mm, yes. In a large-ish, daily CC gun I'd rather have about 10 rds of .45 than 15 rds of 9mm.

Wanting an optic, mounted low, and wanting back-up sights, significantly reduces gun options.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    IWanting an optic, mounted low, and wanting back-up sights, significantly reduces gun options.
    I think we will see a move towards new designs with lower and better integrated optics. Clearly we are not there yet, as neither manufacturers nor consumers seem realistic about what should and should not be optics ready.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Annoying to me is quality and the tendencey to "get that son of a bitch on the market, we're not waiting around for testing, and we're not going to waste ten minutes per gun to make sure it's reliable!"

And, "If it breaks it breaks! It probably won't break because the numbers tell us they won't shoot it much anyway! Now SHIP THEM!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I think we will see a move towards new designs with lower and better integrated optics. Clearly we are not there yet, as neither manufacturers nor consumers seem realistic about what should and should not be optics ready.
    What do you mean, "...should and should not be..."? (Genuinely curious)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are some pistols that obviously don’t integrate well with optics cuts. It shouldn’t take ridiculously tall iron sights to see them through the optic.

My position is that if you can’t fit an optic well into the slide, you shouldn’t try to use one on the pistol.

I think a part of the reason people say the dot is difficult to find can be if it’s mounted too high the presentation has to be different.

Feedback Score
    Every one of us here understands why 9mm is the standard. But .45acp is just the shit and I don’t care what anyone says…

I’m annoyed that Glock has yet to put out a Gen 5 Glock 30 that has the slide dimensions of the 30S and a longer grip to accommodate a 10rd Mag that’s NOT extended. You know… Glock 19 dimensions but in a .45acp package with 10+1 rounds. We all know it’s coming and the G21.5 seems to confirm it, but I wish it would hurry.
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quality Control is a big one, SW for example, 2 Performance Center revolvers in the last month going back, both cylinder issues, binding. A third we could fix, loose ejector rod--how does that get out of QC? Of course the elephant man-Equalizer-wtf. They could at least dump that grip safety from the EZ line. Big thing is on the PC EZ line, the grip safety is larger, so that tells me they know that the smaller one causes shooter related problems. Yes, a training issue in a sense but one has to alter the grip slightly to insure its depressed.

That and the gay assed shiiit of folks thumbing the front end of a slide to "press check" and if you don't have a light, dot and 20 rounds in your gun, you will die idiots.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast