Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other annoying pistol trends?

Feedback Score
    The only annoying pistol trend that I'm aware of is people choosing to mount & use red dot sights on their pistols rather than mounting & using either a visible laser & light, or an IR laser & IR light... especially when shooting at night or under dark conditions.

MA2
    ,——'¯¯';=====±—-
    !‚–’¯¯ƒ¹¶
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MA2_Navy_Veteran View Post
    The only annoying pistol trend that I'm aware of is people choosing to mount & use red dot sights on their pistols rather than mounting & using either a visible laser & light, or an IR laser & IR light... especially when shooting at night or under dark conditions.

MA2
    I think most shooters won't have an application for that. Sounds like fun, though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    And also, I like my .40 cal. It’s a great caliber to shoot. Sure, no one needs it…but when did “need” really mean much in a firearm conversation?
    Because gun companies “need” to make money to stay in business.

Let me be more specific. My comment was not about my nor anyone else’s preferences, wants, or needs. It’s just market and trends observation.

The time where every new pistol has to come out in every caliber is ending.

Was Glock in ANY hurry to Gen 5 the .40 or .45? Low market share.

A majority of the slim carry guns are only in 9mm. That’s a really hot selling part of the market right now, if there was a lot of demand for .40 and .45 everyone would make them.

Feedback Score
    It's probably neither here nor there, but I'm kinda tired of everyone just continuing to chase the polymer-framed wunder-9 pattern. The more it goes on, the more I start looking for something else interesting. I've really come to enjoy my alloy-framed CZ PCR not just because of the superior ergos, but I get to have a little more flexibility with things like grip panels.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MA2
    a pistol lam is still as pointless as it was when they had the mk23

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    a pistol lam is still as pointless as it was when they had the mk23
    Pointless?...
    Hardly - & LAMs are still more practical than any pistol mounted red dot.

MA2
    ,——'¯¯';=====±—-
    !‚–’¯¯ƒ¹¶

Feedback Score

Any other annoying pistol trends?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Because gun companies “need” to make money to stay in business.

Let me be more specific. My comment was not about my nor anyone else’s preferences, wants, or needs. It’s just market and trends observation.

The time where every new pistol has to come out in every caliber is ending.

Was Glock in ANY hurry to Gen 5 the .40 or .45? Low market share.

A majority of the slim carry guns are only in 9mm. That’s a really hot selling part of the market right now, if there was a lot of demand for .40 and .45 everyone would make them.
    No argument on your points. And to clarify mine, the “need” comment was aimed at the consumer, not company.

WRT Glock Gen 5 .40’s, they did have to retool for the heavier slide, a smart move in my mind. And also, when has Glock been accused of being in a hurry for ANY release? Look at how long it took them on the G43…and the G44…. They clearly don’t move at the speed of sound…or even the speed of “Sig”

But I conceded the point that the masses are moving to 9MM, which is, in my mind, causing an extended resurgence in the 1911 platform as well.

I do have a new G23.5 MOS in my future…along with either a G45 or G47 MOS. But clearly my safe and my ammo cache is very lopsided towards 9MM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 03-03-23 at 15:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    No argument on your points. And to clarify mine, the “need” comment was aimed at the consumer, not company.

WRT Glock Gen 5 .40’s, they did have to retool for the heavier slide, a smart move in my mind. And also, when has Glock been accused of being in a hurry for ANY release? Look at how long it took them on the G43…and the G44…. They clearly don’t move at the speed of sound…or even the speed of “Sig”

But I conceded the point that the masses are moving to 9MM, which is, in my mind, causing an extended resurgence in the 1911 platform as well.

I do have a new G23.5 MOS in my future…along with either a G45 or G47 MOS. But clearly my safe and my ammo cache is very lopsided towards 9MM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was sad to learn that the gen 5 G23 cannot use gen 3/4 .357 G32 barrels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pointless?...
    Hardly - & LAMs are still more practical than any pistol mounted red dot.

MA2
    Its ok, those nights sights will help you find your gun in the dark.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Its ok, those nights sights will help you find your gun in the dark.
    Ah... So it's actually you (as a person) that is what's pointless. Good Luck with that though. I'm out.

MA2
    ,——'¯¯';=====±—-
    !‚–’¯¯ƒ¹¶

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast