Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Any other annoying pistol trends?

Feedback Score
    My thumb is a little short, so on many guns I need to shift it some to press the button. Or I use my middle finger.

The paddle mag released seemed like the answer. I could drop the mag easily. But then I was dropping it accidentally, too. That's a DQ.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You have to do something totally screwball in terms of grip to accidently drop a mag with a paddle. Of course people with buttons do it too, and I don't get that. I CAN tell you I can see how folks do it with buttons and a mag release that is a tad large.

Its not that buttons are "too hard" - they are just inferior in design and make it harder. Most of my buttons require me to change my grip and I don't have small hands. It CAN be done, but its just harder and slows you down. They are OK, just inferior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    You have to do something totally screwball in terms of grip to accidently drop a mag with a paddle. Of course people with buttons do it too, and I don't get that. I CAN tell you I can see how folks do it with buttons and a mag release that is a tad large.

Its not that buttons are "too hard" - they are just inferior in design and make it harder. Most of my buttons require me to change my grip and I don't have small hands. It CAN be done, but its just harder and slows you down. They are OK, just inferior.
    What I found was that (I'm RH) my trigger finger tip could press the left lever accidentally and my support hand forefinger (IIRC) could press the right lever.

It doesn't take much of a press to drop the mag and it happened when I was doing drills not just static-firing.

I figured out how it was probably happening later. Had several range trips and maybe 600 rds through the gun. Decided not to continue with it. Couldn't put an optic on it, either.
    Last edited by Ron3; 03-16-23 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    been seeing a bunch of cheap .44 mag snubby wrist breaker videos on YT lately , and cant help to ask "why" ? i owned one .44 mag in my life , purchased in 1985 and was a sidearm while i worked in the bush of Alaska (along with a Yugo M70 UF AK) , it was a Ruger BH i believe it was a 6.5 , sold in the mid 90's , even as a young man in my early 20's i wasnt a fan , but it was Kodiak Grizzly country and they would come into camp at night and it was night 18 hours a day in the winter

when Glock came out with the G20 i started comparing ballistics between 10mm auto , .357 mag and .44 mag , and the proof is in the pudding , the 10mm auto slightly edges out the .357 in velocity but a .357 tends to not expand , thats where the 10mm auto really leaps past it carries muzzle velocity of 9mm with impact of a .45 but much more manageable felt recoil and muzzle flip than both .357 and 44 mags meaning you can deliver almost twice the on target shots than either , te 10mm auto does not have the energy of the .44 mag but its proven you can get 2 follow ups to 1 with 10mm auto and much more accurate , add the expanded capacity its a no brainer

if they had the 10mm auto available back then i wouldnt have carried a .44 mag , i have a blast with filling milk jugs with water and especially laundry soap jugs shaking them up to get them all sudsy inside and breaking out the G20

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    but other than NOT adapting paddles, THE most annoying trend HAS to be the names vice model numbers. Its so revolting, and SA is the worlds worst.

Feedback Score
    The trend I just can't stand is for smaller and smaller pistols. Easier to carry, than what?

My 6inch barreled 357sig Hyena, is easy to carry. IWB and it just disappears . The little brother the jackal aka Glock 32, with the grip reshaped fits in my jacket pocket on my left chest.

I have a project on the horizon, that if it goes, I will be looking at putting together a .357 sig/9mm pistol package for my lads. I hope to have funding in place by the fall for the overall project and then will move ahead on the pistols.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    heres one that is starting to bug me.

People going on and on about not a glock but takes glock parts and they say its better than a glock brand glock.

You are literally trying to reinvent the gen 3 glock, that was released what 20 ****ing years ago?
    Then proceed to say its better than a glock brand glock.
    In what way? I dont trust their reliability when its all based on the 80% glock frame. We know how that usually works.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    heres one that is starting to bug me.

People going on and on about not a glock but takes glock parts and they say its better than a glock brand glock.

You are literally trying to reinvent the gen 3 glock, that was released what 20 ****ing years ago?
    Then proceed to say its better than a glock brand glock.
    In what way? I dont trust their reliability when its all based on the 80% glock frame. We know how that usually works.
    I recently bought one of these from PSA because it was only $299.99:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/lone...lwdltd2-9.html

Its frame is this one from Lone Wolf:

Note the backstrap, feels like a G17 with a grip reduction. The frame uses all Gen 3 parts except for a Gen 4 trigger housing.

I removed the mag well because it wasn't comfortable and put on Dawson fiber optic sights. So far just shy of 400 rounds through it. It is accurate and reliable. I like it enough that I'm going to clean it, function test 3 mags with my 124 HST carry loads and replace the G17 I'm currently carrying in my console vault.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are many complete G pattern frames available, not just the 80% one. Including both Gen4 and Gen5 options.

I bet we even see different magazine frames soon, to further the grip improvements.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Glocks are an obvious opportunity to improve on what is essentially the Honda Fit, Civic, and Accord of the gun world. And I love Hondas. But they are “just a car” that always runs. They can be fun, but it takes some work and aftermarket parts to get them there.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast