Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's up with the price of Colt LE6921CR upper halves

Feedback Score

What's up with the price of Colt LE6921CR upper halves

I've noticed that complete Colt M4 upper halves (LE6921CR) are available for $465 or a little more from various retailers. I realize that they have 14.5" barrels which is an issue for many, but the price seems really good. The 16" version of the same (LE6921CK) is $180 more. The 11.5" version (LE6933CR) is almost $400 more. Given the manufacturing costs involved, it seems like the 14.5" and 16" barrel versions would be basically the same price with the 11.5" version the same or perhaps a bit less. I know that the market isn't always logical, but is there something else going on here?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Where are you seeing them that low? There are a few of us who are probably wondering...

On a side note, this also explains why some people are gouging at an unbelievable level on that EE for this same item. Scum... just scum.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/le6921ck

I bought one from Beebe Family Arms & Munitions for $473. They took over two weeks to deliver, but it's exactly what you'd expect. I suspect that they just had someone drop ship it for them. Yes, it includes the rear sight and BCG. Family Firearms now has them for $465. I've bought plenty from them, so they're good to go.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Where are you seeing them that low? There are a few of us who are probably wondering...

On a side note, this also explains why some people are gouging at an unbelievable level on that EE for this same item. Scum... just scum.
    Some people or just one in particular? I keep seeing the same name.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Its the same one that has been brought up before. I'm all for people making a profit, and I get it. However, selling things at rape prices just because you can shows the character of an individual who is clearly running a business and not paying to be a business member here.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/le6921ck

Family Firearms now has them for $465. I've bought plenty from them, so they're good to go.
    Thank you, I just ordered one from them. I was going to order two, but you can only order one, which I can understand. Otherwise someone would buy 25 just to hawk online.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I've noticed that complete Colt M4 upper halves (LE6921CR) are available for $465 or a little more from various retailers. I realize that they have 14.5" barrels which is an issue for many, but the price seems really good. The 16" version of the same (LE6921CK) is $180 more. The 11.5" version (LE6933CR) is almost $400 more. Given the manufacturing costs involved, it seems like the 14.5" and 16" barrel versions would be basically the same price with the 11.5" version the same or perhaps a bit less. I know that the market isn't always logical, but is there something else going on here?

Bret,

I think the answer to your question is that there are hundreds of Colt M4 upper made for every one 6933 (if not more).
    Stick

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What's up with the price of Colt LE6921CR upper halves

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Don’t even get me started on that topic. Those thrives are on my IL for good reasons.

There are one or three who are beyond the pale.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Mainly one, but there are a couple others that I consider thieves as well.

Feedback Score
    The LE6921CR upper that I bought sits on my M16A2 lower right now. It's basically an M4 except for the markings on the lower. Not that it really means much, but I put 100rds through it last weekend without issue. I'm seriously considering getting another.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast