Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: What's up with the price of Colt LE6921CR upper halves

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I just have decide whether to P/W a Keymo muzzle device or leave it as is. For this, it will probably keep the A2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not sure if this is sarcastic, but anyone not happy with their upper can PM me and I'll take another one.
    I'm not being sarcastic at all. Numerous retailers were showing them "in stock", but they were dwindling fast. They seemed to go out of stock everywhere at once. This makes sense given that they were really being dropped shipped through a distributor. If a retailer's system didn't directly link to the distributor's system to get real time updates, someone might have been able to put an order in that didn't get fulfilled.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm not being sarcastic at all.
    Gotcha! I read your post incorrectly last night. No doubt they all shipped out of MN.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Those with no markings on the BCG… take a closer look where you expect them to be. I bought a “non marked” Colt BCG from someone here, and it was actually marked, but lightly, and park’d over. Also, I doubt it matters.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'll check again. Also... the Upper's zero is dead on with mechanical zero using the carry handle I put on it. That's always a nice thing for me. I get annoyed at uppers with too much adjustment off of mechanical zero.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Cleaned up and at the range:

Odd extension mods:

Colt does that to all their barrels.

This is a 2014 LE6920 barrel. Unknown round count, has been in several uppers. I threw it in this Geissele to finally get it running after going through two of their barrels with bad chambers.

https://imgur.com/a/2QGMbjP

I find it somewhat ironic that this latest and greatest, all the mods/improvements carbine now sports a used 16” carbine gas, shaved FSB, M4 profile barrel to get it running reliably.

The most fun comes when people shoot it and they gush over how soft/smooth it is thinking it’s a Geissele. They kinda shuffle around and kick rocks when I show them the buffer spring, buffer, bcg, and barrel assembly are Colt.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    M4 RAS installed.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m not willing to spend the money at the moment, but this guy has a couple RAS for $190 shipped.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunAccessor...tm_name=iossmf

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’ll be that guy.

I picked up the upper and thought, just like I did with the 6920 OEM1 years ago, “That’s unnecessarily front heavy.” I naively thought losing 1.5” of govt barrel might change that perception.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I’ll be that guy.

I picked up the upper and thought, just like I did with the 6920 OEM1 years ago, “That’s unnecessarily front heavy.” I naively thought losing 1.5” of govt barrel might change that perception.
    Unnecessarily being a key word here. Government profile is so dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast