Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAG / Seekins Precision AR10

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

CAG / Seekins Precision AR10

I have never heard anything about "the unit" using a Seekins Precision 6.5C. Am I the last person on the planet to know this? What are your thoughts?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...fptaskbar&ei=9
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I didn't know CAG was using Seekins but know that those Seekins 6.5 with a 22" barrel are highly favored by former SF guys for long range gas guns.
    Last edited by Hank6046; 02-23-24 at 12:56.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    "The Unit" is not exactly an info fountain.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't follow that stuff closely but had never heard of them doing that. I also don't put much faith in those type of reports as I've seen/heard examples of one photo or third party report leading to significant rumors that the whole organization was using something.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don't follow that stuff closely but had never heard of them doing that. I also don't put much faith in those type of reports as I've seen/heard examples of one photo or third party report leading to significant rumors that the whole organization was using something.
    Agreed that its probably BS, when it comes to companies saying this stuff its because some where at some time some outfit purchased a few guns COTS for testing. They arent lying outright but just inflating things for clout. I don't know if you remember back in the day DPMS was saying stuff like that about their 7" Kitty Kat ARs because someone somewhere in the DOD needed an extremely small and obnoxious AR for a very specific purpose, still doesnt make it a good product.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Agreed that its probably BS, when it comes to companies saying this stuff its because some where at some time some outfit purchased a few guns COTS for testing. They arent lying outright but just inflating things for clout.

Yup, very common in the industry, and used to be even more common. There is certainly a large difference between a guy who says he is delta for a discount, and the .mil making a purchase of 50 guns.

I had thought they were using the KAC and HK large frames, but that is probably old info.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    The SP-10 has been in use within USASOC at least as far back as 2021. Public source photos from the International Sniper Competition have shown the CAG and 75th teams have them as far back as that.

https://www.dvidshub.net/image/65824...er-competition (2/75 in 2021)

https://www.reddit.com/r/JSOCarchive...ta_force_both/ (B Squadron)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    This.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    LOL yeah, and I'm cool with it. They deserve a degree of "cloudiness". Kind of like a year or two ago they were about to be going with the 10.5" Geissele Super Duty or variant thereof. Now you will occasionally see a pic of what is ostensibly a D-Boy (obviously take with a BIG grain of salt!) and it's a SIG Spear LT or variant thereof.

Yeah, folks "in the know" most often aren't, and the majority of the ones who are knowledgeable keep it zipped up.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Check out Speedloads Tom Beckstrand’s video. Believe it was during a comp at Hat Creek a couple of years ago…

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast