Thread: Holosun SCS and EPS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Holosun SCS and EPS

Got a new g19.5 mos and Im debating on which way to go, I already have an rm06t2 on my roland and a hs508t on my rifle.
    I dont know what to do I already have a cnh precision rmr footprint plate to replace the glock plates.

Im considering the SCS but I hate that its a greendot
    Last edited by Sidneyious; 02-05-23 at 17:30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wouldn’t buy the SCS for one reason only. It has a sealed, rechargeable battery setup.
    While it looks awesome on paper, in the real world rechargeable batteries fail! It’s not a question of if, it’s a question of when. Battery failure with the SCS is a warranty trip.
    The EPS looks like a better choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I wouldn’t buy the SCS for one reason only. It has a sealed, rechargeable battery setup.
    While it looks awesome on paper, in the real world rechargeable batteries fail! It’s not a question of if, it’s a question of when. Battery failure with the SCS is a warranty trip.
    The EPS looks like a better choice.
    I think I wil just get another 508t or rm06t2 because I will be carrying it and I already know its tough as nails.
    I know the 508t is strong and with a dead battery it will still sort of work and I do like that as well.
    I just have to remember that without a battery the pistol optics wont work at all on solar only like the 503cu I have on my 10.5".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I think I wil just get another 508t or rm06t2 because I will be carrying it and I already know its tough as nails.
    I know the 508t is strong and with a dead battery it will still sort of work and I do like that as well.
    I just have to remember that without a battery the pistol optics wont work at all on solar only like the 503cu I have on my 10.5".
    I would. I also have a 508t, and it is very nice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I would. I also have a 508t, and it is very nice.
    I do believe I will, The C&H plate I have is for rmr so I dont think I can use any other than 4/5 series dots.
    Last edited by Sidneyious; 02-05-23 at 17:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That’s fair (i.e., not buying because of the battery type). However, disposable batteries fail as well. You’re not going to be able to pause a gunfight for a quick battery swap and optic re-zero. Anecdotally, I have a solar-charging calculator from the early 90s that I found in an old desk I had in storage. Still works like brand new. Not meant to be a 1:1 comparison, but the tech itself, generally, is pretty robust.

In any event, what intrigues me about the SCS is that your standard height sights of choice will be available as back-ups in the event the dot does go down.