Thread: Transferrable Colt M16A1 Package

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Transferrable Colt M16A1 Package

SOLD!!!

Thanks for looking guys!

Up for sale is my transferrable Colt M16A1, which is on a Form 4 in Oklahoma. The serial number dates to 1983-84 range, so this is near the end of the run for transferrable A1’s. This has been in my collection since 2008.

This gun is NOT a pristine, unfired, in the box with original papers gun. This is a vision of what I consider the perfect full auto for actually shooting. The lower has all Colt Mfg. parts that came in the gun, except the fire control group has been swapped for a Geissele Super Select Fire set (original Colt fcg comes with the sale in a bag), and a Magpul MOE+ grip.

If you’ve never used a Geissele SSF, you have no idea how good a FA M16 can be. The original fcg has about a 12# trigger pull in full auto, which means you really can’t get off the trigger before you’ve fired 3-5 rounds. The SSF is as close to telepathic as a trigger gets. Near match grade 3.5# pull in semi-auto. In full-auto, you can trickle off single rounds if you slap it just a tad. Think two rounds and it sends two rounds. You can literally fire a full mag in full-auto, two rounds at a time. Think three and it sends three, it really is that good.

The receiver extension is a Vltor 5 position with a Vltor H buffer and Wolff extra power spring. As set up, this times the gun perfect for reliability and control, suppressed or unsuppressed, with good ejection pattern of std. pressure 5.56 ammo. The RE is staked on with a Daniel Defense rotation limited QD end-plate. The RE wears a Vltor EMod stock, which balances the 5.56 upper perfectly.

The 5.56 upper is a factory Colt 6933 “Commando” 11.5” flat top upper, which is equipped with a Bravo Company Mfg. Ion-Bond BCG, and a Vltor/BCM Gunfighter Mod4 charging handle with RTV mod for suppressed firing. It’s also been fitted with a Daniel Defense Omega Rail 7.0 forend, which mounts rock solid on the factory Delta ring. The A2 flash hider has been swapped for an Advanced Armament Corp. 51T comp (mounted in accordance with AAC specifications using Rocksett & a torque wrench), which acts as a sacrificial baffle for the included AAC M42000 Mod 8 suppressor (also on a Form 4 in Oklahoma).

Mounted on the upper are the original pinned, fixed front sight base, and a Daniel Defense A1.5 fixed rear sight. They have been fitted with XS sights CSAT rear sight aperture and tritium stripe front post. The CSAT rear includes a serrated notch above the peep, which indexes poa/poi at 7 yards for quick close shots. The rails all wear covers and the fsb has been equipped with a rail mount, which holds a Surefire E2D Defender light in a Vltor mount. There is also a Magpul Angled Foregrip, which allows a more forward grip than the 7.0 offers. Finally, there’s a Sig Romeo MSR dot sight with green dot. If you prefer a red dot, I can swap it for a Primary Arms Advanced Microdot rds on a Fortis F1 mount.

Also included in the sale is a dedicated .22lr upper with a 5.5” barrel. It’s been coated in Durakote for ease of cleaning up rimfire gunk. The bolt is a full auto Ceiner unit, micro-polished and tuned to bulk pack perfection with a Lakewood spring (seriously, it runs like butter suppressed or unsuppressed). This upper comes with its own Gunfighter charging handle. It has a 9” Troy Industries Alpha Battle Rail, which perfectly tucks a rimfire suppressor “SD” style, such as a Silencerco Sparrow (not included in the sale). It will come with a XM-177/GAU-5 style flash hider mounted. An IWC hand stop is mounted on the forend to prevent going too far forward. Included are 3” and 5” 1913 rail sections from Troy. It also comes with Troy folding BUIS and a Primary Arms rds on a KZ mount.

Since the .22lr upper is significantly lighter than the 6933, included is a Magpul CTR stock, which works much better with the rimfire upper mounted. It comes with an assortment of Black Dog Machine .22lr magazines, (7) 25 round smoked mags with original feed lips, (7) 25 round smoked mags with metal feed lips, (1) Brownell’s branded 25 round black mag and (1) 50 round smoked drum, for 16 mags total, plus a loader to save your fingers. That’s up to 425 rounds at the range without loading mags.

Also included are (1) 20 round Colt Mfg. mag, (1) 20 round Magpul P-Mag, (1) 30 round P-Mag, (1) 40 round P-Mag, (1) 30 round P-Mag with a Nordic Components extension (factory spring and baseplate included) and (1) new Surefire 60 round mag. Assorted accessories include an A2 grip, Magpul BAD Lever, Ranger pull and a MagLULA loader. Rounding out the package are a USMC logo’d soft case that fits the 6933 with suppressor attached, and a Blue Force Gear divided discreet case that will fit with the rimfire upper or the 6933 with the suppressor dismounted.

In summary, this gun isn’t just a casual range toy. It’s been equipped and tested to be a “bet your life on it” gun for which reliability cannot be overstated. I’ve run it in matches with both the 5.56 and rimfire uppers suppressed (not for score) with zero issues. It is superb to shoot and will bring a smile to anyone who runs it. All I’m keeping are the Sparrow .22 suppressor and Vickers-BFG sling.

All this can be yours for $34,995. Terms are payment in full (cash, bank transfer or verified cashier’s check) upon me delivering it to your preferred FFL/SOT, anywhere in Oklahoma. I’ve done private Form 4 to Form 4 transfers in the past, but I don’t want to wait for the balance due upon ATF approval this time as I want the cash for something else. Outside Oklahoma, I’ll ship FFL/SOT to your FFL/SOT insured and pay the first two stamps. Escrow service is acceptable for non ftf sales. If you’re serious but want to fire it first, I can arrange to meet you at USSA in Owasso for inspection and testing on your dime (I will supply the factory ammo though). I can however assure you this gun will deliver and will be clean, lubed and ready to run upon purchase.

Feel free to PM any questions or to request additional pics.

Last edited by glocktogo; 02-25-23 at 15:53. Reason: Sold!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    SOLD!!!
    Last edited by glocktogo; 02-25-23 at 15:53. Reason: Sold
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…