Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cant decide on a new lpvo for the new trunk gun

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Cant decide on a new lpvo for the new trunk gun

Quote Originally Posted by 308TRUMPFTW View Post
    They're mostly Chinese, I think Vortex PST and Burris are Phillipines.

I have the SLX 1-6 it's been on a couple different rifles without issue. Burris is the better scope but it's not life changing.

Trijicon are all made in japan as far as I know. So they will be better.

There are a couple ACOGs with crosshair reticules instead of the chevrons and donuts if you are looking for something "combat proven".
    My three PST’s and five RT6’s all say Philippines on their boxes.

Trijicon’s are in a completely different price class. Yes they are better, but not by a huge margin.

I own two of the newer Trijicons and neither box says where they are made, but have export control language on the box, so I will assume made in the US, but not 100% certain.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wonder why the Burris gets mentioned so infrequently?

The price shown earlier in the thread for the P4X1 is pretty fabulous. I don't think I'd ever seen it at less than $700.

If adjustment turrets and reticles are to be ridiculed, the PST Gen 2 isn't exempt. Maybe I jut haven't turned mine enough, but the elevation and windage turrets are easily the worst of any optic I've used with tactical aspirations.

I understand having capped turrets that aren't as nice as we're used to with medium and high power optics, but they should at least be better than barely adequate. If they're barely adequate, then we should get a really good hash-based reticle that'll allow for accurate shot placement at distance. it seems too common for LPVOs to place way too much reticle focus on 25 yards and in....where a simple illuminated duplex is adequate.
    Last edited by grizzman; 02-06-23 at 22:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    [QUOTE=grizzman;3088990]I wonder why the Burris gets mentioned so infrequently? [QUOTE]

- Marketing budget
    - Group think
    - Inexperience

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post

The price shown earlier in the thread for the P4X1 is pretty fabulous. I don't think I'd ever seen it at less than $700.

If adjustment turrets and reticles are to be ridiculed, the PST Gen 2 isn't exempt. Maybe I jut haven't turned mine enough, but the elevation and windage turrets are easily the worst of any optic I've used with tactical aspirations.

I understand having capped turrets that aren't as nice as we're used to with medium and high power optics, but they should at least be better than barely adequate. If they're barely adequate, then we should get a really good hash-based reticle that'll allow for accurate shot placement at distance. it seems too common for LPVOs to place way too much reticle focus on 25 yards and in....where a simple illuminated duplex is adequate.
    Its the new one and they didnt change anything to make it better like the turrets feel like nothing happening and the reticle is just hot garbage and in green, they changed the illumination source from what ive read.

I think I will go with the pst 1-6 gen 2 in mrad. Im an moa guy but it seems thats going out of style

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post

Have you used the P4Xi? The turrets on the PST were not memorable to me. The Steiner was definitely mushy, though still usable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Who is dialing corrections on an LPVO? Set it, cap it and forget it. As stiff as the Vortex turrets are you could leave them uncapped and be fine. I have the previous version of the Steiner and it fell 4' out of my safe and took a good dent in the objective end. Still chugging along. A cheaper option would be the SWFA 1-4. Mil reticle and the diamond center works as described for 0-300 drops. Tested myself at a Legion run and gun with first round hits on a stage where you shot 50, 100, 50, 200, 50, 300 yards.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No, I’ve never used the P4Xi. If mushy turrets are the only negative aspect, then that’s quite promising.

No, I don’t think dialing with an LPVO should generally be done, which is why the reticle should work well for holdovers.

The PST Gen 2 turrets certainly won’t be turned on accident. They also won’t be turned with a couple fingers.

I'll have a P4Xi in a couple days, to replace an old Aimpoint ML3. I haven't used the PST 1-4 that I bought a few months ago for the 6.8 SPC HD carbine to fully trust it, so it's been sitting idle. The Steiner won't need as much time to gain my trust as the PST, so I'll install it, run it, and leave it mounted.
    Last edited by grizzman; 02-07-23 at 21:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Who is dialing corrections on an LPVO? Set it, cap it and forget it. As stiff as the Vortex turrets are you could leave them uncapped and be fine. I have the previous version of the Steiner and it fell 4' out of my safe and took a good dent in the objective end. Still chugging along. A cheaper option would be the SWFA 1-4. Mil reticle and the diamond center works as described for 0-300 drops. Tested myself at a Legion run and gun with first round hits on a stage where you shot 50, 100, 50, 200, 50, 300 yards.
    the p4xi
    No one, but trying to get it dialed in right was a bitch because I couldn't feel anything when turning the turret.
    Everyone is like just one more click, oh here you wont know where that ****ing click is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Maybe not technically dialing corrects, but I zero for 77gr set the zero stop then zero to 55gr. I can then shoot range ammo and switch back to my main load without giving it a second thought.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Maybe not technically dialing corrects, but I zero for 77gr set the zero stop then zero to 55gr. I can then shoot range ammo and switch back to my main load without giving it a second thought.
    I haven’t done this but definitely considered it. I probably will, just haven’t gotten to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast