Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cant decide on a new lpvo for the new trunk gun

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cant decide on a new lpvo for the new trunk gun

So with the new pending brace rules Im building a new ar15 and think a 1-6 would be just right.
    My 12.5 has a p4xi and I really like it for how old it is but the new price of them really put me off.

been looking at all SFP optics
    Vortex strike eagle 1-6 gen 2 - ar bdc3
    Sig Tango MSR 1-6 - bdc6
    Primary Arms SLX - ACSS Aurora

I am not a fan of BDC or ACSS and yet I am kinda stuck with these options, mounts they come with I dont care about because I use ADM mounts and I have a 1301(?) recon mount for whatever I decide on because Im trying to use parts I have left over for this build.

So far the sig seems to have a better track record even if its the exact same thing as the vortex and the slx there isnt a whole lot about this one to see if I can find if its ok or not.
    If anything at this point id rather have the sig because of the bdc it has which isnt total shit with a chevron on top but is again the same as the bdc3 right?

Im ok with spending a touch more for an optic but remember this is going in a trunk so it will get beat around more than used and kinda need durability.
    Cdoes has done a video about every one of these and he gives them a pass for the price with the options but brass facts talked about the sig and said its alright for actual use and the primary arms acss is sort of shit.
    So I think I will take that one off the list or put it really down the list.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would have very little faith in any of these optics to absolutely work unless it's been treated gently. I haven't really abused mine yet, but I'd choose a Gen 1 Vortex Viper PST 1-4 over any of your chosen options. It's available from EuroOptic for the unbeatable price of either $270 or $280 depending on the reticle. For close range use, I actually like the reticle quite a bit and find the hashed crosshair of the MOA version easier to use due to it's slightly increased size.

The Gen 2 PST 1-6 is certainly an upgrade over the Gen 1, but it also weighs quite a bit more and I consider the increased magnification marginally beneficial on a short barreled upper (or any magnification at all). It shouldn't be too hard to find one of these for $500, which is still in the cheap scope realm.
    Last edited by grizzman; 02-04-23 at 22:35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Cant decide on a new lpvo for the new trunk gun

I’d take, and have taken, several Burris RT-6 optics over all of the above.

I own two of the Vortex PST’s and the RT-6 is a heck of a lot more scope. Better eyebox and clearer glass.

They’re not necessarily “tacti-cool” but are one hell of a lot of scope for the dollar and not made by the Chi-coms.

The glass is clear, bright and illuminated. The only complaint I have with my RT-6’s is the knobs aren’t as tactile as I would like when using gloves.

It isn’t a pig either.

Last edited by HKGuns; 02-04-23 at 23:59.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I’d take, and have taken, several Burris RT-6 optics over all of the above.

I own two of the Vortex PST’s and the RT-6 is a heck of a lot more scope. Better eyebox and clearer glass.

They’re not necessarily “tacti-cool” but are one hell of a lot of scope for the dollar and not made by the Chi-coms.

The glass is clear, bright and illuminated. The only complaint I have with my RT-6’s is the knobs aren’t as tactile as I would like when using gloves.

It isn’t a pig either.
    The RT-6 is THE LPVO in this price range IMO.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Let me throw a wrench into this for you.

If you already have a quality RDS, and you want added capability, I’m fiddling around with the Vortex Micro6x flip to side magnifier, and I generally like it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Let me throw a wrench into this for you.

If you already have a quality RDS, and you want added capability, I’m fiddling around with the Vortex Micro6x flip to side magnifier, and I generally like it.
    I like my 6x micro.

Primary Arms is supposed to be coming out with better illumination so waiting a bit may be a good idea.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-new-products

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    We’re kind of all over the place with this. Got durability and something like a $300-400 budget. What do you have experience with? Why do you want an LPVO? And why are you so against certain reticles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    My 12.5 has a p4xi and I really like it for how old it is but the new price of them really put me off.

$470 here so the P4Xi may be back to the best bang for the buck again.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Steiner-P4...cope-5204.aspx
    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-05-23 at 08:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    We’re kind of all over the place with this. Got durability and something like a $300-400 budget. What do you have experience with? Why do you want an LPVO? And why are you so against certain reticles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I have a p4xi for about 8 years now, Im a fan of just an illuminated dot or if the subtentions light up that could work for me.
    rds and mags dont work for me, being locked into 3/5/6 magnification just doesnt jive with me

The idea of doughnut of death is really annoying to me when having to reach out and while I dont like chevrons I have one on my glx that has shit illumination so its literally a dawn/dusk optic because the reticle is thicc.

edit

As for the new p4xi I dont care for that new reticle.
    Whats the scoop on the Credo HX 1-4 precision hunter reticle and PST Gen II 1-6x24 VMR-2 MRAD
    Last edited by Sidneyious; 02-05-23 at 09:24.

Feedback Score
    They're mostly Chinese, I think Vortex PST and Burris are Phillipines.

I have the SLX 1-6 it's been on a couple different rifles without issue. Burris is the better scope but it's not life changing.

Trijicon are all made in japan as far as I know. So they will be better.

There are a couple ACOGs with crosshair reticules instead of the chevrons and donuts if you are looking for something "combat proven".

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast