Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "lesser known brands" picture thread

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Not sure if this really qualifies, but... Aero Precision M16A4 clone (KAC rail), bought as a complete rifle from Brownell's in 2019. Yeah, I save my boxes - it's a character flaw.

lol I moved across the country with several, including one for the 6920 OEM? of which I own exactly zero parts still.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    12.5” Sulzer 6.8 SPC

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If its one brand I dont see a lot of is ADM, granted the only thing ADM here is the lower but for the most part almost everything in the lower they use themselves(- trigger and buffer)
    I really like the adm lowers when it comes to ambi controls I like what they did.

The right side bolt lever could be a tad larger but I see why they didnt and thats snag hazards.
    Some day I will try out a full adm gun but for now I will be happy with just the lower.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Patriot Ordnance Factory? I have one of their older direct impingement rifles and it has ran excellent with several thousand rounds through her. This was before they put all the ambidextrous nonsense on it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not lesser known manufacturer but likely uncommon 5.56 model.

Lefty DPMS which uses a modified right-hand bcg. The bolt carrier has the gas vents on the same side as a left-handed carrier. It uses a left-hand bolt. BUT, the bolt rotates the same direction as a right-hand bolt due to the slot/cut in the carrier. I'm told a left-hand bolt in a conventional right-hand carrier will work however, instead of the extra gasses being exhausted out the ejection port, they would hit the right side of the inside of the upper spewing all that garbage to include down into the trigger assembly. It's different for sure.

Note the left-hand ejection port and solid right-side of upper with meaningless brass deflector. Shoots great.

Here's my build sheet:

DPMS Hybrid Left-Hand A2 Upper Rcvr

Black Creek Precision Lower Rcvr

PSA / FN mid-length 16" barrel and assembly (fsb / delta assembly / A2 flash hider)

DPMS bolt carrier (Hybrid)

Stag complete bolt assembly / cam pin

Colt firing pin

RightToBear.com lower parts kit

Cavalry Manufacturing C-1 buttstock and innards

Geissele SSA-E trigger assembly

Smith & Wesson MP10 handguards (mid-length/skinny)

Colt charging handle

Brownells gas tube and roll pin

ALG/Geissele Go-Juice Lubricant where needed (imo)

AeroShell Grease 64 (formerly AeroShell 33MS) (barrel nut).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    CMT upper, Rainier Arms lower and barrel, and Centurion Arms rail.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Yankee Hill Machine

Feedback Score
    So are we just showing complete rifles or are receivers eligible?

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Yeah, I save my boxes - it's a character flaw.
    It's not a character flaw. It's the smart thing to do. If you ever go to sell a gun, the box helps it bring more money. The perception is that it's less used and well taken care of. This is especially true when selling on GunBroker.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for creating these recent picture threads Stick.

Current dilemma -- Both are currently in stock, so which lower do I need to order so I can add to this thread? Centurion Arms or Sionics? I wish CA still offered their F-15 lowers, that would make my choice so much easier.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    Thanks for creating these recent picture threads Stick.

Current dilemma -- Both are currently in stock, so which lower do I need to order so I can add to this thread? Centurion Arms or Sionics? I wish CA still offered their F-15 lowers, that would make my choice so much easier.
    TBH, I'm hoping to get people a little more interactive by showing off their ARs and letting people ask questions. We have a main pic thread, but these get a bit more specific and might help the conversations.

Regarding the receiver choice, both will work, but its hard for me to say no to Centurion Arms stuff!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast