Thread: How does blocking work..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

How does blocking work..

If I create a thread, and Ive blocked someone in the past, can that blocked person still post in my thread? Or will they not be able to post, or will they be able to and I just wont see it?
    Whats the correct answer here, thanks.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I remember on Arfcom there was this POS who ignored/blocked members... some white trash idiot who is probably in prison now. Anyway, I remember him saying someone would quote a person he blocked, then he could see there was an unviewable post quoted. He'd have to go unblock to read it.

Not sure how it works here. I've never had to "ignore" anyone here. Even the most annoying guys here eventually go away on their own.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you put someone on your ignore list on vbulletin you won't see their posts. That's all it is. Nothing else changes.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    If you put someone on your ignore list on vbulletin you won't see their posts. That's all it is. Nothing else changes.
    Yes. Although, you can see their posts if quoted by someone, assuming that person hasn’t altered it.

I try not to ignore too many people, and when I do, I take them back off the ignore list in like a month. Surrounding oneself with only agreement is hazardous.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd love to see a user-level option to block/ignore content by keyword. Things like marijuana, abortion, election, religion, covid, and a few others.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I try not to ignore too many people, and when I do, I take them back off the ignore list in like a month. Surrounding oneself with only agreement is hazardous.
    True. There's nobody here THAT bad that I've ever ignored a member. They're usually so annoying that they weed themselves out.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, considering SS messaged me telling me not to respond to any of his threads or comments, this isn’t about an annoying member. It’s about someone so sensitive that they blow a gasket if someone counters his comments or says anything that bruises his ego.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Well, considering SS messaged me telling me not to respond to any of his threads or comments, this isn’t about an annoying member. It’s about someone so sensitive that they blow a gasket if someone counters his comments or says anything that bruises his ego.
    I would just carpet bomb his posts and threads.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We can discuss the topic of block/ignoring and it's effects. We needn't discuss specific people. Thanks.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب