Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .38 Super & 9x19. Same extractor?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    Any input on why this combination had issues?
    I'm not a smith but I would think it's the fact that the super has a greater case length [23mm] than the 9 x 19 so the mags for the super are just too long. Most 9mm 1911 mags have a spacer of some sort to make up the difference. Pretty sure the Tripp super mags did work but not so much the Wilson. You may have different results.

In my experience the Mecgar 10 round 9mm mags are G2G and under $30. But I always buy one first to make sure they do work before buying another.
    Last edited by 1986s4; 02-13-23 at 18:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I'm not a smith but I would think it's the fact that the super has a greater case length [23mm] than the 9 x 19 so the mags for the super are just too long. Most 9mm 1911 mags have a spacer of some sort to make up the difference. Pretty sure the Tripp super mags did work but not so much the Wilson. You may have different results.

In my experience the Mecgar 10 round 9mm mags are G2G and under $30. But I always buy one first to make sure they do work before buying another.
    As mentioned earlier, I set my dad up with Tripp magazines and they have performed well with various lengths of cartridge.

That was a long time back. If I were to do it again, the MegGar mags look well built and I would definitely give them a try.

Thanks for the feedback.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    As mentioned earlier, I set my dad up with Tripp magazines and they have performed well with various lengths of cartridge.

That was a long time back. If I were to do it again, the MegGar mags look well built and I would definitely give them a try.

Thanks for the feedback.
    If 10 vs. 9 rounds isn't an issue the 9 round mags sold by Springfield Armory work quite well. I have a few from years ago and they have a mini feed ramp built right in, works well and well made.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have a Wilson CQB that I bought like 15+ years ago that came from the factory with 38S and 9mm barrels. Both use the same extractor and ejector no problem.

The real feat is the gun has fixed sights and shoots to POA with either barrel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123