Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Used Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5 a good buy at $900??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Well, its only 15oz. Thats the only plus I see.

Are these much better than the vxr patrols for half the price (and less weight?)

Either way, id spend money on a modern option
    I sold my VXR patrol due to the non locking exposed turret combined with hyper aggressive checkering. There are some work arounds, but no guarantees something brushing them won't crank the adjustments.

I do have VXR Hog and 3-9x ballistic circle VXR with capped adjustments I like fairly well.

Feedback Score
    If giving up true 1x, what about the leupold 2-1ox42?

https://www.leupold.com/vx-5hd-2-10x...lex-riflescope
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’d be very unhappy with any lpvo at any price with out a true 1x

I have a leupold vxr 1.5-4 and hate it’s 1.5x vs my other lpvo with a true 1x.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    If giving up true 1x, what about the leupold 2-1ox42?

https://www.leupold.com/vx-5hd-2-10x...lex-riflescope
    They're decent scopes but hunting scopes and not really the tactical scopes people on here are more interested in. Also they are hideously overpriced at the retail level.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I sold my VXR patrol due to the non locking exposed turret combined with hyper aggressive checkering. There are some work arounds, but no guarantees something brushing them won't crank the adjustments.

I do have VXR Hog and 3-9x ballistic circle VXR with capped adjustments I like fairly well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I’d be very unhappy with any lpvo at any price with out a true 1x

I have a leupold vxr 1.5-4 and hate it’s 1.5x vs my other lpvo with a true 1x.
    The VXR Patrol line was good, but not at the prices they were asking for them. Ironically, my first scope was a VX-R Patrol 3x9 with a TMR reticle. I bought it without doing any real research, and it was a decent scope, but nothing that really wowed me.

Looking around online it looks like Steiner gives a pretty good mil discount, so I may be able to score a T6xi at a decent price. My only concern is Steiner’s reputation for hit or miss quality control.

Also in the running is the Sig Tango 6T with the 5.56 reticle, and the Vortex Razor Gen II HD-E. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find the Vortex in stock anywhere.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 02-11-23 at 21:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    The VXR Patrol line was good, but not at the prices they were asking for them. Ironically, my first scope was a VX-R Patrol 3x9 with a TMR reticle. I bought it without doing any real research, and it was a decent scope, but nothing that really wowed me.

Looking around online it looks like Steiner gives a pretty good mil discount, so I may be able to score a T6xi at a decent price. My only concern is Steiner’s reputation for hit or miss quality control.

Also in the running is the Sig Tango 6T with the 5.56 reticle, and the Vortex Razor Gen II HD-E. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find the Vortex in stock anywhere.
    Ha, I was actually considering the 3-9 with a 12oclock rds. The weight would be similar to the 1-8's but with a real NVG compatible rds.

Im still waiting for a 15iz 3-12x with xmas tree reticle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Sig Tango6T is a nice scope. I have one in FFP with the 5.56/7.62 BDC reticle. Very solidly built and excellent glass. Sig periodically runs a 20% off sale on their optics and obviously that is the time to buy if you want one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post

Which Razor Gen II HD-E Reticle are you considering?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12