Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The “PRC’s” 7mm vs 300

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Im on the fence of going 6.5cm or 7prc for prs. I dont have a place to go past 1mi so Im stsrting to think a 6.5cm, at least for now. It would be my first bolt gun. Ive been training on my 16" 223 out to 700 with ocassional access to 1k.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Thanks for the info. Im on the fence of going 6.5cm or 7prc for prs. I dont have a place to go past 1mi so Im stsrting to think a 6.5cm, at least for now. It would be my first bolt gun. Ive been training on my 16" 223 out to 700 with ocassional access to 1k.
    As far as PRS is concerned I'd go 6.5CM or 6mmCM. I think 7PRC would have too much recoil and make if a bit difficult to see your misses and be able to adjust for your next shot. As far as an all around hunting round is concerned then it would be the 7PRC. That would cover most anything you could hunt here in North America except for the big bears. Then I'd have to go up to a 300PRC to include the big bears.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    My path has been similar. I've run 223 for years, and am now stepping into 6.5CM bolt gun. I took barrel life into consideration and went with the 6.5 CM as a good balance of ballistics, barrel life, and ammo availability for when I'm not rolling my own. I like that I can grab a few boxes of Hornady American Gunner if I need an easy button for sub-moa ammo, but will look at what I'm doing for my next caliber once I shoot this barrel out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234