Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Staccato SC

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Staccato SC

Picked up late today. Came home, lubed, ran three mags through with cowboy sights.

In no particular order

- Grip feels badass in the hand. Texture and size.

- A step above C2 in some ways.

- all three mags were very hard to seat

- Function 100%

- Most closely compares to 43x, but fatter & shorter grip.

- Snappy..meh.. I shoot 2-3 days a week so recoil was fine.

- Hit steel at 50yds

- Dig the new flat trigger

- Wish the right side safety was a bit wider, protruded more (I’m LH)

Quick thoughts

Well made, shoots great, not sure it’s worth $2600…Jury’s out on whether it’s a keeper.

Mounted EPS and will have a lot more time on it tomorrow.
    Last edited by R0CKETMAN; 02-21-23 at 20:18.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Very nice RM!

I didn’t realize they’d gone with an external extractor. From a business standpoint that’s a good idea IMO.
    No longer need someone on staff that knows how to “fit extractors”, and eliminating the associated warranty/re-work from improper internal extractor fitting.
    JMB just shifted in his grave however. : )
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    All dotted up

Feedback Score
    Makes sense about the regular Staccato line using magazines with extra room fore and aft to accommodate the extra length of 38 Super.

I am reloading 9mm 147 grain JHP from Precision Delta. To keep the brass from bulging excessively - I have to load very long. Very very accurate. However it will only run through my Staccato C2 because of the extra room in the magazines. It will not run through my other 9mms - loaded rounds jam in the magazine (to long) - and or won’t fit in the chamber etc.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    It’s the old “JMB designed the 1911 around a CARTRIDGE (.45 ACP) which was 1.270”+- long with 230 gr. Ball” thing.
    Redesigning the grip (module), magazine, and (possibly) tweaking the lower receiver puts that to bed.

And yeah, when I shot 9mm SS 1911 as a range/teaching gun I ran 124 gr JHP’s at 1.155” COAL, about as long as could be accomplished and still have adequate case neck tension.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I’ll be curious if it’s possible to retrofit a CS grip module and use mags in a C2.
    A look at the frame itself in hand should answer some questions.
    Same here. That would be a worthwhile upgrade, though re-buying a grand worth of mags doesn't excite me.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I played with one at a LGS and it felt great and very small. I think the C2 is about the perfect carry weapon but if the goal is go small, CS would reign supreme.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    No doubt, and I have that covered PB.
    The QUESTION is however; when is “good enough” sufficient for a true “gun guy”?
    My answer has always been; “mo’, betta, faster further”. : )

Feedback Score
    FYI for you Staccato lovers who reload. Finding that there is a significant increase in accuracy when I load either 147 or 115 grain, Precision Delta JHP, V2 as long as possible (but using the "plunk test). Very pleased with the accuracy - just shot another 5 round group at 25yards, off the bench - .90 inches.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Added 7-sub…still digging this one..it prefers lighter weight bullets..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast