Thread: H&K P8 A1

Feedback Score

H&K P8 A1

I picked up an H&K P8 A1 today. It's basically a special version of the USP9 that was adopted by the German military. It's not an official H&K-USA import, but was instead imported by a company in North Dakota. The most notable thing that makes it different than a USP9 is that the safety rotates in the opposite direction. The Germans decided to do it this way so that the safety rotation matched the P1 that it replaced. The barrel is conventionally rifled instead of having polygonal rifling. It has painted luminous sights and a more durable finish. Finally, it came with two 15rd translucent magazines. I still have a USP40 that I purchased in December of 1993, so it will be interesting to compare the two.

Feedback Score
    That is very nice! Is that a new production gun or new old stock? Looks pristine!

Feedback Score
    It’s new production. I believe that this one was made for the commercial market. H&K just doesn’t import this version in to the US.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    It’s new production. I believe that this one was made for the commercial market. H&K just doesn’t import this version in to the US.
    That's good cause that back asswards safety is a Hideous abomination.

Feedback Score
    At least it’s it on the slide like the Beretta 92.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd like to have one some day !

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That is very cool, never even heard of that gun. Pretty special.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I put 100rds of Geco 124gr FMJ through it. The accuracy was good. Even though I was shooting it during the day, the painted luminous "night sights" were significantly easier to see than regular white dot sights. The spent cases literally dropped only about a foot to the right. I'm very pleased with what I have here.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    That is a VERY cool item.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus