Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of getting a SCALARWORKS LEAP/08 mounts for my two ATACR 1-8x

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Talk me out of getting a SCALARWORKS LEAP/08 mounts for my two ATACR 1-8x

PROBLEM: I need a couple of LVPO mounts. I'm strongly considering using SCALARWORKS LEAP/08 mounts for my ATACR 1-8x’s.

BACKGROUND: All of my ARs have SW front BUIS and a few also have a SW rear BUIS. Both of my Aimpoint PROs utilize the LEAP/02 mount. Both of my Aimpoint 3x magnifiers use their LEAP/06 flip-mount. So, I extensively and nearly exclusively use SW mounts and BUIS because they are incredibly well machined, thoughtfully engineered, look good and are very robust and easy to use.

CONSIDERATIONS: I’ve never shot with an LVPO, so these ATACR’s will be my first. These LVPO’s and mounts will be used on identical rifles (one to train on, the other to remain in reserve) so I want both LVPOs utilizing the same mounts. I will use Aimpoint ACRO P2’s I’m conjunction with the LVPOs. I intend to use these rifles as my primary arms during the American Civil War II.

ISSUES WITH MOUNT: Reading over the spec sheet, the only point of concern that I can see is that there is only provision for an offset red dot sight vice in-line ring mounting. I’ve read the pros and cons of both red dot sight mounting solutions and know that, so long as I train, either is viable.

RFI: Am I going astray with my choice? Even if you think the SW mount would serve me well, could you provide me with compelling arguments to go a different direction, e.g. LaRue, OEM, etc.?

Many Thanks!
    Last edited by Apoptotic; 02-17-23 at 10:39.
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

O•MARS•CORROBORA•ME•VT•PVGNARE•PERGAM

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    This is actually pretty easy. I’m a huge SW fan and have many of the same products you do. However, their rings have been known to break at the hinges. I’ve seen a few reports on either FB or forums in the past couple of months alone. I don’t know how widespread it is but SW and Aero are the only ones I’ve seen this happen to so it’s enough. They’re not indestructible but I’ve never seen someone break their Badger C1.

Second, as you mentioned, limited mounting options. The C1 is the most modular mount on the market, the combination of accessories for it is kind of insane.

Third, height. This one is subjective but I’ve used a few 1.54 mounts and a Geissele 1.93 mount for a while. The first felt (and still feels) too low, the second was too high for me. The C1 at 1.7” is fantastic and a perfect natural height that translates well to my RDS guns too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’ve only vaguely heard of Badger Ordnance. I’ll take a look. Thank you.
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ll second the Badger Ordinance. Solid mount and very good options for adding a RDS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im on the ADM mount train, Wish they would do something about the nomenclature for their mounts.
    Sure a little heavy but rock solid for what they charge.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Im on the ADM mount train, Wish they would do something about the nomenclature for their mounts.
    Sure a little heavy but rock solid for what they charge.
    I use their mounts exclusively for my T2’s and CompM5’s.
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

Feedback Score
    Badger C1, pick a height.

Feedback Score
    I like my stuff from ADM, but I think Badger for an LPVO is the way to go.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I love my Scalarworks mounts. No issues with any of them.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    These days *my* preference for a LPV optic mount for my Kahles K16i with G4B reticle is the Reptillia Corp AUS mount (1.54" height in 30mm) with an Aimpoint ACRO P2 mounted to their 12:00 ring mount. I like that the Reptilia mount does not have the sharp cornered mounting bolt nuts that protrude like some other mounts have. Also, I prefer and have no trouble dealing with this primary and secondary optics height compromise and this setup works fine *for me*.

https://reptiliacorp.com/product/aus...r-39mm-height/

https://reptiliacorp.com/product/30m...2-steiner-mps/
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-17-23 at 18:13.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast