Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talk me out of getting a SCALARWORKS LEAP/08 mounts for my two ATACR 1-8x

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    A Spuhr non-QD will be my next mount.
    Been running Spuhr mounts for a long time and love them. They are my favorite mounts. You won't be disappointed

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Doesn't it depend on the mount? The height of regular irons is 1.4 if memory serves me correct and lower 1/3, is anything from 1.52-1.7. There is no standard for the industry
    1.57 Scalarworks mounts give you lower 1/3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I like badger mounts especially if you want offset or 12 o clock dot options. 1.54 and 1.70 are the good options, 1.93 for an LPVO unless you’re 6’6 is stupid.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I like badger mounts especially if you want offset or 12 o clock dot options. 1.54 and 1.70 are the good options, 1.93 for an LPVO unless you’re 6’6 is stupid.
    I guess I'm extra stupid, I'm currently running a Geissele 2.04 mount and am well under 6'6.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I would highly recommend avoiding the scalarworks mounts if you actually train and use your gun. I have never had a more frustrating experience than when my scalarworks mounts would bind the adjustment wheel with dust, dirt, grime etc. I also had one hairline crack along the rings. Reptilia is my go to for all things mounts at this time.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I guess I'm extra stupid, I'm currently running a Geissele 2.04 mount and am well under 6'6.
    This is a genuine question borne of my ignorance: what are the benefits of that height? Comfort and passive NV aiming?
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

O•MARS•CORROBORA•ME•VT•PVGNARE•PERGAM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptotic View Post
    This is a genuine question borne of my ignorance: what are the benefits of that height? Comfort and passive NV aiming?
    Comfort, better shoulder alignment. No one uses an lpvo with night vision I don’t think. One big disadvantage unless your head is really long is in prone. It’s hard to stabilize your head with your cheek, again unless your head is long.

Also if you have a mask on like a gas mask the extra height can help. The height also helps clear gear in the front end. I think the height was born for night vision but adopted to lpvo‘a because everyone has a different size head.
    Last edited by Twilk73; 02-27-23 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    Comfort, better shoulder alignment. No one uses an lpvo with night vision I don’t think. One big disadvantage unless your head is really long is in prone. It’s hard to stabilize your head with your cheek, again unless your head is long.

Also if you have a mask on like a gas mask the extra height can help. The height also helps clear gear in the front end. I think the height was born for night vision but adopted to lpvo‘a because everyone has a different size head.
    I couldn't have answered any better than Twilk73 put out there, but I will add a link to a thread where this subject was brought up, (which I'm going to bounce up because of I have an update).

Super high rise optics----thoughts?

ETA: For NV you'd want to use a MRDS w/ an LPVO.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 02-28-23 at 02:05.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123