Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Classic 9mm's: CZ 75 and Browning Hi-Power

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My 1991 built Pre-B 75 broke it's original slide stop last summer. I probably have at least 15,000 rounds on that thing. Cleaned the extractor channel once, replaced the extractor spring once, many recoil springs and I've tried several hammer spring weights. Other than that, no issues.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I went through a period of P-35 "Hobbyist Gunsmithing"; sights. trigger work, BarSto/KKM barrel fitting, C&S Thumb Safety's, FS Stippling, etc.
    Sent one to Don Williams for his "Short Re-set" job and asked him to check and critique my work. He said all looked just fine. Figured my journey with that/those projects was finished.
    I still shoot one of them from time to time, but I've gifted all but two of them to family/friends.

I've owned a few CZ/s. Their Hammer guns were quite nice, but never really clicked with me.
    I still have a P-10c that I tricked out. I keep it as a bedside gun, just because everyone is supposed to have a Striker gun.

My favorites are still 2011/1911's. That's what I grew up with, what I shoot the best.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm actually considering getting one of the new Springfield SA 35's or... and now for something completely different, an HK P-30 LEM. I really liked the SA 35 I checked out at my LGS very much, it would work for what I need. Same with the HK, and I really like DAO pistols and revolvers. So SAO or DAO? My use is 2 gun shooting, the practical, let's get dirty, climb something, roll around in the dust type competition. I know the HK would handle it but I just love the feel and look of the BHP type pistol. Decisions...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    This beast has been worked over before I became the new owner. Love this gun.

My vote HP, YMMV

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I mainly carry AIWB so I prefer a DA/SA pistol. My Cajunized CZ pistols are very reliable and very accurate.

Last edited by Biggy; 02-25-23 at 06:42.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    This beast has been worked over before I became the new owner. Love this gun.

My vote HP, YMMV

PB
    Well, yeah, my vote too - its gorgeous!

Andy

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    The 07 is very accurate, reliable and easy to get a good trigger job. $8 for a hammer spring is all it took.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    To the CZ75 (and similar pistol) owners - did you have to "train through" the reduced slide grasping area, or is is simply not an issue?

I notice it, nothing more, but I transition through quite a few pistols and have never manipulated the CZ75 in a hurry, under stress, or even wearing gloves.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-26-23 at 07:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    To the CZ75 (and similar pistol) owners - did you have to "train through" the reduced slide grasping area, or is is simply not an issue?

I notice it, nothing more, but I transition through quite a few pistols and have never manipulated the CZ75 in a hurry, under stress, or even wearing gloves.

Andy
    I shot my '91 Pre-B exclusively for many years and never once considered the reduced size of the slide a hinderance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Andy
    I don't recall the 75b slide ever being an issue while the Walther CCP slide(more of a typical size) manipulation was kind of awkward to me due to the feel of the loading cycle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123