Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOLLE compatible pouches or Velcro removable ones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    You've seen how I use my SERT carbine cases, I use them to carry guns in both top and bottom and I don't use the mag carriers. Velcro or PALS would work for me. Have you consider doing both and offer it as a buyer option?
    Hey titsonritz..........yes I have and that's the reason for my putting this post up. A PALS panel with loop would allow the best of both worlds but with PALS, especially a laser cut one, the laminate use is pricey and while others do not care about how theirs are, I am very particular about it......it needs to get done right. In the new development we use 500 x 500D laminate for the laser cut PALS, see photo below.

PALS.jpg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Thanks for asking for our feedback. I’ve got a couple TCC cases and like them a lot. I have MOLLE magazine pouches in the exterior TCC pockets.

Another manufacturer’s discreet SBR case uses Velcro for both the pocket and weapon area, and they include a few magazine pouches (of the customer’s requested magazine type), so it’s really easy to end up with a good solution. I’m not thrilled with Velcro straps for weapon retention, but Velcro backed mag pouches make a lot of sense.
    Grizzman, pleasure's always mine. This is something I've been doing for a long time......reaching out to get feedback on our gear so whatever anyone can share, we always appreciate it.

My reply above includes a photo of the next gen TCC interior which uses both PALS and loop. But at the moment I am thinking about the outer pockets for the new (next gen) Spyders....which used to be under Sneaky Bags but will be released under SERT this year. The front pocket is current PALS loop but I am seriously thinking about making it all loop. These are smaller covert carry bags so it kinda makes more sense in favor of loop. Two samples with 2 front pockets below for comparison.

PALS-02.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Simple answer: Neither

I don’t use any pouches inside my cases. I just put my chest rig and cleaning kit in the main compartment with the rifle. The thought process is, if I need to deploy the rifle, I just grab the chest rig and go. Anything attached to the bag (or not in that main compartment) is expendable and will be left behind. I carry a range bag for ancillary items.

Feedback Score
    I personally prefer the PALS, as I dislike using hook & loop in general. I use my SERT rifle bags mostly for range stuff, anyway, so everything is staged a certain way, I have an admin pouch and two triple mag pouches in each of my rifle bags in the secondary compartment, I keep the main compartment empty except for the firearms.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SERT View Post
    Hey titsonritz..........yes I have and that's the reason for my putting this post up. A PALS panel with loop would allow the best of both worlds but with PALS, especially a laser cut one, the laminate use is pricey and while others do not care about how theirs are, I am very particular about it......it needs to get done right. In the new development we use 500 x 500D laminate for the laser cut PALS, see photo below.

PALS.jpg
    I like it. Nice job.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I personally prefer the PALS, as I dislike using hook & loop in general. I use my SERT rifle bags mostly for range stuff, anyway, so everything is staged a certain way, I have an admin pouch and two triple mag pouches in each of my rifle bags in the secondary compartment, I keep the main compartment empty except for the firearms.
    Thanks man, appreciate you sharing this. It's always interesting to hear and see how everyone set's theirs up!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think for a bag Velcro is best suited, placement can vary and you can change the angle or direction of a product with ease to the consumers needs. Molle is nice for things that you want to lock down on the exterior of bags, belts, and carriers. One nevery has to worry about a molle item falling off but in turn it is also annoying to have to take off to re-adjust or re-arrange.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointman1177 View Post
    I think for a bag Velcro is best suited, placement can vary and you can change the angle or direction of a product with ease to the consumers needs. Molle is nice for things that you want to lock down on the exterior of bags, belts, and carriers. One nevery has to worry about a molle item falling off but in turn it is also annoying to have to take off to re-adjust or re-arrange.
    Thanks man, appreciate your thoughts on this....I concur. We've made changes to our designs to reflect this.
    HELM ASHIBLIE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12