Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOLLE compatible pouches or Velcro removable ones?

Feedback Score

MOLLE compatible pouches or Velcro removable ones?

Evening guys, I'm looking for a wee bit of feedback here if you don’t mind……

I’m working on the next round of gear development and I’m very curios about one thing………..the use of MOLLE compatible pouches in rifle cases or any case / bag with PALS in general.

Are you guys still using MOLLE compatible pouches in your rifle cases or are you moving away from that in favor Velcro detachable ones? Or a mix of both?

I conducted a recent survey for our other brand a few weeks ago and was surprised to see how many bag owners no longer use the PALS webbing in their backpacks.

Thanks!
    HELM ASHIBLIE

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Hey Helmie! Good to see you here. Velcro for rifle cases and inside bags. PALS/MOLLE is just too heavy/pain in the butt to install and remove from bags or cases IMHO. I like Blue Force Gear's line of Dapper pouches for use in packs and cases.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I like modular but I tend to like low profile, light weight, and lower cost more when it comes to rifle cases. I have an old 5.11 bag with MOLLE all over the place but the only pouches I've ever put on it are BFG 10 speed helium whisper pouches because generic 500D options are just way too much for that use. But the BFG pouches are too expensive for occasional use in a bag since I usually tend to bring a full MTM ammo can full of mags just thrown in. Or, I just stack the mags in the front pocket and don't really worry about them sliding around. I haven't seen nearly enough velcro pouches on the market to consider them.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Hey Helmie! Good to see you here. Velcro for rifle cases and inside bags. PALS/MOLLE is just too heavy/pain in the butt to install and remove from bags or cases IMHO. I like Blue Force Gear's line of Dapper pouches for use in packs and cases.
    Dude I was just thinking about you today! What a coincidence!

Yeah that's what I thought. I ran the recent private survey for Alpha One Niner and I was surprised to see how many customers did not use the PALS preferring Velcro instead.

Thanks dude, appreciate the feedback, hope all's well with you and the familia!
    Last edited by SERT; 02-19-23 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I like modular but I tend to like low profile, light weight, and lower cost more when it comes to rifle cases. I have an old 5.11 bag with MOLLE all over the place but the only pouches I've ever put on it are BFG 10 speed helium whisper pouches because generic 500D options are just way too much for that use. But the BFG pouches are too expensive for occasional use in a bag since I usually tend to bring a full MTM ammo can full of mags just thrown in. Or, I just stack the mags in the front pocket and don't really worry about them sliding around. I haven't seen nearly enough velcro pouches on the market to consider them.
    Thank you, appreciate you sharing this. Yeah that's the one major thing we're looking at right now, how best to reduce weight without comprising the quality we're known for. We've simplified the new triple mag pouch samples using the old insert design with Velcro.

Attachment 69778

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sometimes, all that's needed is something simple to prevent shifting. I use one of these to organize six MP5 mags in a bag: https://www.blueforcegear.com/small-loop-dapper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Sometimes, all that's needed is something simple to prevent shifting. I use one of these to organize six MP5 mags in a bag: https://www.blueforcegear.com/small-loop-dapper
    Thanks MM!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I only have 2 soft cases, one has mag pouches on the side of it and I dont like it.
    Another is a suid bag looking case and its got 2 mesh pockets on the lid and i really dont like that either.
    I usually just toss in a range bag what I need.

Some day I will move to hard cases but im not a fan of keeping anything but guns and ammo/mags in it.
    If anything I would just leave some space between gun and lid a chest rig.

I would like to see what people do stuff in pouches of their gun cases.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    You've seen how I use my SERT carbine cases, I use them to carry guns in both top and bottom and I don't use the mag carriers. Velcro or PALS would work for me. Have you consider doing both and offer it as a buyer option?

ETA:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-for-two/page2
    Last edited by titsonritz; 02-20-23 at 15:42.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for asking for our feedback. I’ve got a couple TCC cases and like them a lot. I have MOLLE magazine pouches in the exterior TCC pockets.

Another manufacturer’s discreet SBR case uses Velcro for both the pocket and weapon area, and they include a few magazine pouches (of the customer’s requested magazine type), so it’s really easy to end up with a good solution. I’m not thrilled with Velcro straps for weapon retention, but Velcro backed mag pouches make a lot of sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast