1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Winner
    Primary Arms GLx 2.5-10x44 FFP Rifle Scope

Disqualified
    Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 Parallax Adjustment:None
    Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42mm Reticle Position:Second Focal Plane
    Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42mm too much mag for a SPR

I will say this, yes the inspiration for my 16" was this video because I wanted to do something with it after I stole so many parts from it after building it 8 years ago.
    I spent 2 months looking, reading, and watching videos for about 4 hours a day. It was just research time and the illumination blows on an overcast day here but the reticle is so thick and dark its easy to pick up.
    Now Ive heard of people taking 2 batteries or a 6v battery that fits and pushing the voltage up for the illumination.
    I wont do this.

But I went with the PA PLx 2.5-10 and Im glad I did.
    I was even looking at SFP scopes more than a FFP, I was thinking of getting the cheapest NF optics planet had to offer.
    Then I found C_Does and Im glad I did because I found out its not great.

So watching a lot of CDoes videos for like a month I settled on the PLx, it has everything I need, illumination is good for dawn and dusk.
    I really need to get this ring issue settled with PRI, didnt care about weight because that puts even more options out of the running.
    The op 25% off coupon really helped

Last edited by Sidneyious; 02-23-23 at 14:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Winner
    Primary Arms GLx 2.5-10x44 FFP Rifle Scope

Disqualified
    Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 Parallax Adjustment:None
    Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42mm Reticle Position:Second Focal Plane
    Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42mm too much mag for a SPR

And you need a side parallax adjust on a 2-10 power scope for exactly what purpose?? If you only shooting a paper target you could be right. If you shooting fast a multiple target at various ranges tweeking your parallax knob is a waste of time.

No 1-10 LPVO's have side parallax adjustment, do you disqualify those as well??

The only 2-10ish MVPO's that have side parallax adjustment are: Chinese made Athlon 2-12x44mm FFP 26 oz, Vortex PST FFP 2-10x36mm FFP (@ nearly 27 oz), Nightforce's 2.5-10x42 SFP 20.5 oz at a $1600. price point, and PA's GLx FFP 2.5-10x44mm 22.5 oz. with a low 35 ft FOV, that is sold out in the MIL version until June 2023.

The much loved Nightforce 2.5-10x24mm nor the 2.5-10x32mm had side parallax adjustment, nor did the original SPR scope the Leupold 2.5-8x36mm nor does the SWFA Super Sniper FFP 3-9x44mm. All those preceded the current crop of MVPO's by at least a decade. Oh, and Leupold's newest MARK 5HD 2-10X30 M5C3 FFP doesn't have a side focus either, but illumination will cost you $500. extra.

Maybe, just maybe, a side focus isn't nearly as necessary as you think on a 10x max magnification scope and Trijicon may have the right idea after all. Just saying.....
    Last edited by BobinNC; 02-25-23 at 19:10.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I wish trijicon had went with a simplier reticle on their 2-10x36. Little busy for an optic that will be on the closer end of the ranges. I have the PST Gen 2 and the SWFA 3-9 HD. I used the Viper in a 5k run and gun on my lightweight grendel and it did fine out to 500 yds. I didn't mess with the parralax alot and just set it and forgot it as there wasn't much time when targets are close and far in the same stage. I am going to mount a micro reddot with the SWFA since I start it at 4x to reduce the amount of eyepiece shadowing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I wish trijicon had went with a simplier reticle on their 2-10x36. Little busy for an optic that will be on the closer end of the ranges. I have the PST Gen 2 and the SWFA 3-9 HD. I used the Viper in a 5k run and gun on my lightweight grendel and it did fine out to 500 yds. I didn't mess with the parralax alot and just set it and forgot it as there wasn't much time when targets are close and far in the same stage. I am going to mount a micro reddot with the SWFA since I start it at 4x to reduce the amount of eyepiece shadowing.
    That's a vary fair assessment. I do like the more simplistic reticle in the Vortex Gen II PST 2-10x32mm a bit better than the one in the Trijicon 2-10x36MM. I just didn't need the extra weight that the PST comes with.

As far as the PA GLx 2.5-10x44mm it's bigger negative for me is that has great turrets for dialing, but when you dial it for elevation it totally lacks any wind holds along the zero line.

My take is why set up a scope to dial, when the reticle doesn't support dialing?? Trijicon gives me the option to dial or use the Xtree reticle. I like choices.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    And you need a side parallax adjust on a 2-10 power scope for exactly what purpose?? If you only shooting a paper target you could be right. If you shooting fast a multiple target at various ranges tweeking your parallax knob is a waste of time.

No 1-10 LPVO's have side parallax adjustment, do you disqualify those as well??

The only 2-10ish MVPO's that have side parallax adjustment are: Chinese made Athlon 2-12x44mm FFP 26 oz, Vortex PST FFP 2-10x36mm FFP (@ nearly 27 oz), Nightforce's 2.5-10x42 SFP 20.5 oz at a $1600. price point, and PA's GLx FFP 2.5-10x44mm 22.5 oz. with a low 35 ft FOV, that is sold out in the MIL version until June 2023.

The much loved Nightforce 2.5-10x24mm nor the 2.5-10x32mm had side parallax adjustment, nor did the original SPR scope the Leupold 2.5-8x36mm nor does the SWFA Super Sniper FFP 3-9x44mm. All those preceded the current crop of MVPO's by at least a decade. Oh, and Leupold's newest MARK 5HD 2-10X30 M5C3 FFP doesn't have a side focus either, but illumination will cost you $500. extra.

Maybe, just maybe, a side focus isn't nearly as necessary as you think on a 10x max magnification scope and Trijicon may have the right idea after all. Just saying.....
    FYI - The MARK 5HD 2-10 does have adjustable parallax.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    FYI - The MARK 5HD 2-10 does have adjustable parallax.
    When I looked at it and looked at features on the Leupold website PA was not mentioned. I just looked again, and clicked on show more features, and yup PA is mentioned as having it. My bad.

https://www.leupold.com/mark-5hd-2-1...-ffp-illum-tmr
    Last edited by BobinNC; 02-26-23 at 13:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As far as parallax goes..
    I dialed mine in at 100 yds, marked the dial and pretty much leave it alone.
    Nice feature to have though when you want it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, given the feedback here;

Instead of the Trijicon 2-10 Credo without Parallax adjustment, I'm now looking at the Trijicon Credo 2.5-15 which as an adjustable parallax. I trust Trijicon more than I trust Vortex or Primary Arms, especially anything made in China. I'm new enough to long range shooting that I don't know if I prefer first or second focal plane, so the only answer is to try both. At $850, the Credo 2.5-15x42 seems like a pretty good starter optic for SPR type shooting while I shop for a FFP alternative for the second SPR.

Lets not forget either, the original SPR optic, the Leupold MR/T was a SFP scope...

Any feedback on the Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navymid2011 View Post
    So, given the feedback here;

Instead of the Trijicon 2-10 Credo without Parallax adjustment, I'm now looking at the Trijicon Credo 2.5-15 which as an adjustable parallax. I trust Trijicon more than I trust Vortex or Primary Arms, especially anything made in China. I'm new enough to long range shooting that I don't know if I prefer first or second focal plane, so the only answer is to try both. At $850, the Credo 2.5-15x42 seems like a pretty good starter optic for SPR type shooting while I shop for a FFP alternative for the second SPR.

Lets not forget either, the original SPR optic, the Leupold MR/T was a SFP scope...

Any feedback on the Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42?
    The pa glx 2.5-10 is made in the Philippines and the illumination is really weak for daylight but that reticle is thick and easy to pick up.
    As for the trijicon credo series, the word around the street is, if its not the hx its not worth it.

As for focal plane thats entirely up to you, if you care about daylight bright the list of scopes in ffp is relatively small in the quality range you want.

I spent 2 months, 4 hours a day, every day, reading and watching.
    Even willing to spend $2k for a nightforce when I almost gave up and started reading about the line up and how most people are trying to get rid of a scope that sits in the bottom of a safe.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sig whiskey 5 2-10x40 mrad is an impressive little optic for the price, but no parallax adjustment.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast