Thread: Didn’t want to clog up the other thread currently going on pistol red dots

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Didn’t want to clog up the other thread currently going on pistol red dots

Besides the whole China made Holosuns, is the any reason I should choose a Trijicon RMR of any of the various types of Holosuns?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not really. The only reason I'd go Trijicon is that I like the SRO best out of all that I've shot. Some of the Holosun dots are a little fat for my taste, but I don't know if you can pick dot sizes.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The only real reason to me is being more likely to survive getting the shot out of it. But rezeroing every 6-8 months when I replace the battery is enough to kill that pro to the RMR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The RMR is considered the toughest one out there. With that said I really like the Holosun glass a bit better, the shake awake is a great feature, and the battery tray. Having to pull the RMR off the gun to change batteries should not be.....

Less enamored with the Holosun controls. Tiny buttons. I like the big + and - buttons on each side of my RM06's.

The higher level Holosuns offer the circle-dot reticle as an option. I really thought I would like that since I like it on Eotech/AR sights, but it was just too visually noisy for me so I went to dot only.

Latest purchase for me was a Holosun 508t for a self defense oriented gun. I have more RMR's than Holosuns though.

You can binge Aaron Cowan/Sage Dynamics videos where he abuses the snot out of everything. Bottom line is the Holosuns hold up too.

I haven't had a failure of either brand yet. But I'm not busting down doors for a living.

About to try an RMRcc which I think may be pretty cool for what I have in mind.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 02-20-23 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Besides the whole China made Holosuns, is the any reason I should choose a Trijicon RMR of any of the various types of Holosuns?
    Unless you’re literally taking it into a war zone, there are none that I can think of.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have both and I keep the rmr off because I cant take it off to change the battery because jagerwerks put something from hell to keep the screws on there.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The RMR is king of RDS based on ruggedness, but the Holosun have more than cut their teeth as being reliable. I own both, if you get the Holosun gear the newer model with side battery compartment. Great dot and like the window on Holosun a bit better than the RMR. Both will make you smile.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I hate China but Holosun is smoke checking RMR. Is an RMR maybe more durable? Yeah, maybe.

But not really after watching Sage Dynamics beat TF out of Holosun 507/508/509/EPS sights. They work just as well and have better reticles and controls than the RMR.

Typical American company, resting on it's laurels, not realizing some other company is coming for it hard.

All my RMRs are on piggyback scope mounts for NVD use - pistol I'm all Holosun.