Thread: Nightforce ATACR 1-8 questions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Nightforce ATACR 1-8 questions

I’m working on a new LMT SBR build currently. This rifle will use a 10.5” barrel in 300BLK and will be run suppressed with my Surefire SOCOM MINI 2 7.62. Now I’ll need an optic to go with it and I was debating using a Nightforce ATACR 1-8 for this build. I was also debating switching my Aimpoint T2 from my KAC SR15 and using it for my SBR and using the nightforce for the KAC. I’ve never actually used any scope for ARs before, only red dots so this would be my first. I like the ATACR since it’s an all most do it all optic where it can be run like a red dot and used to reach out and touch something. My question is which rifle would it be best for? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you want to take a 300 out to range you really need a BDC reticle.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess what I’m saying is I’d like to have one of my ARs have the ability to be equipped for all the above. My Colt has irons on it with a carry handle, and my KAC the T2. Just wondering if the SBR or the KAC would be a better fit for the ATACR.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    IMO the KAC but neither of the options is a particularly good fit for the 300 if you want to take it out to 300 or so.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 02-21-23 at 09:54.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    IMO the KAC but neither of the options is a particularly good fit for the 300 if you want to take it out to 300 or so.
    What would you recommend? I only picked the ATACR because it seems to be the best of both worlds. I want something that can be used as a red dot and take advantage of the rifles full abilities.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This is a good place to start.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-...scopes-optics/

BEST HOLOGRAPHIC SIGHT FOR .300 BLK EOTech XPS2-300

BEST DUTY OPTIC FOR .300 BLK Trijicon ACOG TA-31-C .300

BEST .300 BLK OPTIC Primary Arms SLx 1-6x24mm FFP Riflescope 300BO/7.62x39 ACSS RAPTOR RETICLE

BEST COMPACT OPTIC FOR .300 BLK Primary Arms SLx 3X MicroPrism 300BO/7.62x39 ACSS Raptor Reticle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ah ok thank you for that. I considered an EOTech for the 300BLK. The nightforce could work well for the KAC then.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'd put the T-2 on the 300BO and the ATACR on the KAC
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Checked out the ATACR today. Not sure how I feel about it since I obviously couldn’t mount it to the rifle. I’m considering playing it safe and just adding a magnifier to the KAC, and doing an EOTech for the 300.