Thread: Evolution Of Point Shooting - Florida - Okeechobee - Friday 3/31 9a-5pm

Feedback Score

Evolution Of Point Shooting - Florida - Okeechobee - Friday 3/31 9a-5pm

Come and Join Michael Janich for this unique event.

Point shooting is a controversial, misunderstood, and much maligned aspect of combative handgun training. When properly understood and applied, however, it is also a combat-proven, lifesaving skill that works in situations where conventional sighted fire is impractical or impossible.

In this extraordinary course, FFT lead instructor Will Farrugia and point shooting authority Michael Janich join forces to cut through the myths and misinformation to present point shooting with unprecedented logic and clarity. Janich was personally trained by the late close-combat legend Col. Rex Applegate and co-authored the book Bullseyes Don’t Shoot Back with him. He also worked extensively with the late NYPD gunfighting legend Jim Cirillo.

In this course, he traces the historical evolution of modern point shooting, from its World War I origins in the British military to W.E Fairbairn and E.A. Sykes in Shanghai and through Col. Applegate’s wartime and post-war teachings. He also incorporates the “alternative sighting methods” taught by Cirillo and puts them into perspective with his own approach to contact-distance shooting.

Building on this foundation, Will Farrugia will present elements of FFT’s proven modern point shooting curriculum, which focuses on achieving quick, accurate hits on moving and static targets at realistic gun-fighting ranges using both two and one-handed shooting techniques. This course will include both classroom and live-fire range training.

Course Level: Advanced

Cost: $350 Includes Range Fees, Targets, Lunch, Drinks and Merchandise

Length: 7 Hours

Skills that will be Worked On and Topics Discussed in this Class:

- Defining and understanding point shooting terminology - A comprehensive history of modern point shooting

- The British pioneers of point shooting, Charles Tracy and J.B.L. Noell

- The Shanghai Municipal Police point shooting methods of Fairbairn and Sykes

- The Rex Applegate method of point shooting

- Little-known aspects of point shooting history

- The physiological effects of life-threatening stress

- Kinesthetic alignment

- The myth of the classic sight picture

- Jim Cirillo’s Geometric Point and Silhouette Point techniques

- Understanding and leveraging our natural ability to point

- Integrating point shooting lessons into modern gunfighting

- Point shooting and modern handgun technology

Skills and Requirements Needed Coming Into this Class:

- Must be competent with the manipulation and use of your chosen firearm

- Must be comfortable with chosen firearm while shooting in a traditional static range environment

- Must have concealed weapons permit or have completed criminal background check

- Must be safe and competent drawing, shooting, and re-holstering your chosen firearm

Required Prerequisite Courses:

- Advanced Defensive Handgun Level Two

AND

- Point Shooting Clinic

Maximum Student to Instructor Ratio: 5:1

Maximum Number of Students: 15

More info and signup here: https://floridafirearmstraining.com/...f-fadacbd7b13b

Feedback Score
    Do you know if he is planning on giving this class anywhere else? I thought he was based in Colorado, I saw him at the Denver airport one time. I’m really interested in the concept.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If i was not out of town those dates would have attended that one for sures. Damn.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Seems like a fair price and I have tried to do this from time to time. Would enjoy such a one day course.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Do you know if he is planning on giving this class anywhere else? I thought he was based in Colorado, I saw him at the Denver airport one time. I’m really interested in the concept.
    I do not think so, but you can reach him directly at info@martialbladeconcepts.com

Cheers
    Will.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    If i was not out of town those dates would have attended that one for sures. Damn.
    If your interested in the subject, then check out 1 day class that is held twice a year in Florida. https://floridafirearmstraining.com/...2-516b2af085c2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Seems like a fair price and I have tried to do this from time to time. Would enjoy such a one day course.

PB
    If your interested in the subject, then check out 1 day class that is held twice a year in Florida. https://floridafirearmstraining.com/...2-516b2af085c2

Feedback Score
    only 2 spots left.