Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Compromise Holster

Feedback Score

Best Compromise Holster

What is the best holster for a S&W M&P Pro in terms of conceal carry and "tactical" use. I'm finally switching over 100% to what I shoot the best and need more than a bladetech classic OWB.
    Last edited by Spiffums; 02-24-23 at 18:21.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The only "tactical" use holster I'll use is a Safariland ALS and they are shit for CC. I use various OWB, IWB or AIWB for CC depending on level of desired concealability.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For owb I have a safariland als 6390 Model 6832 for my roland and its nice.
    I havnt noticed any issues with it other than my draw does sort of suck but thats a me thing.

For IWB Im still looking for a good one myself because I cant AIWB because body shape and I use a stealth gear.
    I need to find a holster that works for me and I can have a light on it.
    Tried a bravo concealment kydex for a tlr1 and I hate it, I will never use a full kydex holster again.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Tried a bravo concealment kydex for a tlr1 and I hate it, I will never use a full kydex holster again.
    You're going to be very limited here if you're going rule Kydex holsters.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    You're going to be very limited here if you're going rule Kydex holsters.
    stealthgear makes one Ijust need to stop procrastinating and get one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    For owb I have a safariland als 6390 Model 6832 for my roland and its nice.
    I havnt noticed any issues with it other than my draw does sort of suck but thats a me thing.

For IWB Im still looking for a good one myself because I cant AIWB because body shape and I use a stealth gear.
    I keep seeing ads on facebook for 6354RDS - ALS and it keeps making me wonder how it would do.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I keep seeing ads on facebook for 6354RDS - ALS and it keeps making me wonder how it would do.
    It would do excellent, just keep in mind these are overt duty holsters not CC holster. The 7377 and 7378 are gear more toward concealment, but there are way better CC type holster.

The 6354RDS, 6390RDS, 6392RDS and 6355RDS are the same holster the differences being how they attach. The 6354 uses a QLS 19 locking fork to mate with their QLS 22 receiver plate, the 6390 uses a mid-ride UBL, the 6392 uses a hi-ride UBL and the 6355 is a thigh rig. Choose you medicine.

There is also the RDSO series which has an open pocket that protects the optic and does not use a flip-up dust cover. If I was starting from scratch this is the route I'd go as I've removed the dust covers from my RDS holsters. The 6354RDS does come in some cool patterns though like Multicam Tropic and Tiger Stripe.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 02-23-23 at 01:14.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I got to thinking last night and found up the Dale Frickle (hope I remember that right) light bearing holster I have for the G34. I took the heat gun to it this morning and opened it up a little more at the bottom around the trigger guard and it worked like a charm. Still kinda want that RDS now that I've looked at it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The model im using is for any double stack glock 9mm up to a g34.
    the roland is a g34 length.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    What is the best holster for a S&W M&P Pro in turns of conceal carry and "tactical" use. I'm finally switching over 100% to what I shoot the best and need more than a bladetech classic OWB.
    Not totally clear what that means, but the Safariland ALS with QLS allows IWB/OWB and on battle belt easily back and forth. As OWB it's not the worst, not the best for sure. I prefer it IWB with paddle that comes with it, but would not be my go to for that.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast