Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Compromise Holster

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Not totally clear what that means, but the Safariland ALS with QLS allows IWB/OWB and on battle belt easily back and forth. As OWB it's not the worst, not the best for sure. I prefer it IWB with paddle that comes with it, but would not be my go to for that.
    The paddle is still OWB.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The paddle is still OWB.
    I meant belt slide option vs paddle the ALS comes with, I found the paddle more comfortable and stable. Both OWB as you note.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Not totally clear what that means, but the Safariland ALS with QLS allows IWB/OWB and on battle belt easily back and forth. As OWB it's not the worst, not the best for sure. I prefer it IWB with paddle that comes with it, but would not be my go to for that.
    99% hide under a shirt 1% worn with a chest rig or something.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    It would do excellent, just keep in mind these are overt duty holsters not CC holster. The 7377 and 7378 are gear more toward concealment, but there are way better CC type holster.

The 6354RDS, 6390RDS, 6392RDS and 6355RDS are the same holster the differences being how they attach. The 6354 uses a QLS 19 locking fork to mate with their QLS 22 receiver plate, the 6390 uses a mid-ride UBL, the 6392 uses a hi-ride UBL and the 6355 is a thigh rig. Choose you medicine.

There is also the RDSO series which has an open pocket that protects the optic and does not use a flip-up dust cover. If I was starting from scratch this is the route I'd go as I've removed the dust covers from my RDS holsters. The 6354RDS does come in some cool patterns though like Multicam Tropic and Tiger Stripe.
    Not sure how it carries over to the M&P version, but 7k series holsters for Glocks + light(at least the ones I have seen) are literally the same holsters whether duty or "concealed". They come with upper holes for "concealed" and lower holes for duty with the only difference being where the T nuts are stuck in place to set up for use with a UBL or 567 belt loop/568 paddle.

So far I haven't seen an ALS for RDS that lacks the ability to carry a light which makes for a very large holster.

As you point out, the ALS rigs suck for concealment, but one thing that slightly helps with a 567bl is turning it around the opposite direction from how they are usually pictured. Doing it that way causes the rear loop to sit a little further back for a half assed Bruce Nelson pull the butt in effect. Works better for the Safariland open tops which are fairly compact holsters.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I meant belt slide option vs paddle the ALS comes with, I found the paddle more comfortable and stable. Both OWB as you note.
    Paddle rides higher than the loop too which helps under an untucked shirt or jacket.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    99% hide under a shirt 1% worn with a chest rig or something.
    Then the ALS, (or some other model from them) with QLS would fit that rec.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Then the ALS, (or some other model from them) with QLS would fit that rec.
    The QLS allows moving to different backers, but adds @ 5/8" of offset which is going to be a big negative on concealment for most people.

The QLS on a mid or low UBL is something that works well with quite a few backpack hip belts by virtue of the offset.

Feedback Score
    My edc is an M&P with light and RMR.

My holster is owb, made by a company called HolsterCo they are in SW Michigan.

I've used this one for about 5 years now. I have a few of their holsters.

They are starting to get big so they are acting like Raven saying buy from this list or you get nothing.

www.miholsterco.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12