Thread: Staccato C2 and COL

Feedback Score

Staccato C2 and COL

FYI for you Staccato lovers who reload. Finding that there is a significant increase in accuracy when I load either 147 or 115 grain, Precision Delta JHP, V2 as long as possible (but still using the "plunk test). Very pleased with the accuracy - just shot another 5 round group at 25yards, off the bench - .90 inches.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andersen View Post
    FYI for you Staccato lovers who reload. Finding that there is a significant increase in accuracy when I load either 147 or 115 grain, Precision Delta JHP, V2 as long as possible (but still using the "plunk test). Very pleased with the accuracy - just shot another 5 round group at 25yards, off the bench - .90 inches.
    I saw this when you 1st posted it and have not tried it yet with my P Model. I'm in the process of working up some new loads cuz I switched powder, I will give this a try for sure & report back!

Feedback Score
    Be sure to load long - particularly with the 147 grain.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Loading 147s long is much simpler/less problematic than 115s.
    The 115s (yes, PD) are limited by bearing surface more so than the 147s.
    I generally lengthen Leade in barrels (unless Melonite) to allow extremely long COAL for 9mm.
    Even with 9mm having a tapered case, it’s possible to load the lighter bullets long enough that inadequate case tension becomes an issue. I’ve experienced bullet setback in chambering a round before.

Just a heads up to verify this isn’t an issue with your lighter bullet loads.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Yes - agreed. That’s one of the things I check on - bullet set back, by clambering a round then measuring the COL to make sure - no set back.

I did have some set back issues with 115 - that’s why I am leaning towards 147; More bearing surface.
    Last edited by Andersen; 03-06-23 at 13:26. Reason: Add indo

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We shot my P Duo with a variety of ammo. Even cheap wolf military stuff shit a ragged hole at 25 yards. Marks 147g RMR reloads were lights out too. I was never too big on accuracy for pistols then I shot a gun that sprayed a plate sized group and made me start testing.

Now if my pistol holds one inch or 3 inches at 25, I’m good

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My experience with 3 Staccato’s; they come with generous Leade’s, loading long has never been a problem.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    My experience with 3 Staccato’s; they come with generous Leade’s, and loading long has never been a problem.
    My issue for a while is I have CZ pistols and I always tailor everything to them, if it runs in my 07-PO-1 & SP-01 Tactical it will run in anything. I guess I will start tinkering with a load specific to my Staccato P and see what comes of it all. Thanks for the info.