Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lab Leak Most Likely Origin of Covid-19 Pandemic-Report

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Wink

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post

You can't invent a virus. You can engineer a virus, modify a virus, screw with a virus. This particular coronavirus is prevalent in bats in China. It is just about 100% the base virus came from bats. Now, what happened between a virus being in a bat and it infecting China, then the world, is the question.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    MISHAP??? That's fukking laughable.
    I'm sure you're right. That virus is so effective, so deadly, so dangerous, they clearly had their final weaponized version. No way something that strong and dangerous was an accident

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I may not know a damned thing about virus's but I know people and knowing people, it's most likely that human error occured.
    That shit leaked out and spread like wildfire at first. The only hope the Chinese Government had in containing it was not to.
    They packed up bunch of folks and began spreading it everywhere, but as specially to the U.S. We were the only hope for a cure.
    Had China not done that their .gov would have failed, anarchy would rule the day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    You can't invent a virus. You can engineer a virus, modify a virus, screw with a virus. This particular coronavirus is prevalent in bats in China. It is just about 100% the base virus came from bats. Now, what happened between a virus being in a bat and it infecting China, then the world, is the question.
    Lol. Some people are true believers.

https://www.bats.org.uk/about-bats/b...id-19-and-bats
    Last edited by hotbiggun42; 03-04-23 at 22:02.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    It's almost a lock it originated in bats. But per below:

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    It's interesting to note no intermediary species for it to infect humans has been identified. Very unlikely apparently it would go bat -> humans, unless someone was messing with it. Additional support for it being gain of function manipulated? Not sure.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It's almost a lock it originated in bats. But per below:

It's interesting to note no intermediary species for it to infect humans has been identified. Very unlikely apparently it would go bat -> humans, unless someone was messing with it. Additional support for it being gain of function manipulated? Not sure.
    I am not a virologist (and many Including Will have way more medical knowledge than I) but it was explained to me this way:

A new virus develops in and adapts to a host species. Any other species there is a 1 in "whuthefuqever" chance that it even survives. There is a 1 in "ohmythatsabignumber" chance that it propagates and becomes virulent. So the number of transmission events is the key. The more the infected species has transmission events in common with another species the more likely it is to make the incredibly unlikely jump to the new species. So while any one contact has the possibility to jump, it makes winning the Powerball seem like a walk in the park. So bats transmit to something they have regular contact with, which has regular contact with humans, so it's a numbers game. Right?

I ain't lecturing here. I'm asking if am understanding that "explain it like I'm a 5yo" explanation correctly.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It's almost a lock it originated in bats.....It's interesting to note no intermediary species for it to infect humans has been identified. Very unlikely apparently it would go bat -> humans, unless someone was messing with it. Additional support for it being gain of function manipulated? Not sure.
    I have a 2007 article ("SARS-CoV AS AN AGENT OF EMERGING/REEMERGING INFECTION") in Clinical Microbiology Review that is suggestive of easily transmittable of SARS-CoV from horseshoe bats to humans. Attached. Not sure it needs an intermediary if a person eats or is around an infected bat. What I do not know is, if that happens, how transmissible is that disease? We know some similar viruses are hard to transmit, and this one spread like wildfire. I could imagine where a lab engineered a hard-to-spread virus into an easy-to-spread virus.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I am not a virologist (and many Including Will have way more medical knowledge than I) but it was explained to me this way:

A new virus develops in and adapts to a host species. Any other species there is a 1 in "whuthefuqever" chance that it even survives. There is a 1 in "ohmythatsabignumber" chance that it propagates and becomes virulent. So the number of transmission events is the key. The more the infected species has transmission events in common with another species the more likely it is to make the incredibly unlikely jump to the new species. So while any one contact has the possibility to jump, it makes winning the Powerball seem like a walk in the park. So bats transmit to something they have regular contact with, which has regular contact with humans, so it's a numbers game. Right?

I ain't lecturing here. I'm asking if am understanding that "explain it like I'm a 5yo" explanation correctly.
    Not exactly, its more like they took the original SARS virus that originally came from bats which was so-so at spreading to humans and passed it through several different lines of cell cultures till they got a strain that was really good at human to human transmission, thats the dumbed down version of gain of function research. What they were doing wasn't rocket science and could be done at pretty much any decently sized university. What the exact process or order of different cell cultures is the million dollar question which we will probably never know since they torched all the evidence.

But all this talk of it being a bioweapon, its a pretty s***ty bioweapon so highly unlikely, maybe eventually if they could make it lethal enough which also leans more towards it escaping accidentally.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    But all this talk of it being a bioweapon, its a pretty s***ty bioweapon so highly unlikely, maybe eventually if they could make it lethal enough which also leans more towards it escaping accidentally.
    It's because it escaped accidently during it's developement.
    It's going to hitch hike out the lab on someones sleeve, or someone got infected inside the lab. That person goes down to the meat market next door and does a little shopping and comes into contact with two dozen people. Once they were infected they came in to contact with two dozen people etc. etc.
    Now the virus is constantly changing and developing as it goes along mutating to live. Now eventually this mutation will weaken it, but right now this thing is virrulant.
    A week later China realises they have a real problem.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast