Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will the Pistol Brace legal outcome affect the price of AR Pistols?

Feedback Score

How will the Pistol Brace legal outcome affect the price of AR Pistols?

1. If the ban is defeated, will the price of an AR pistol increase or decrease?

2. If the ban remains in force, will the price of an AR pistol increase or decrease?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't see the prices moving either way. People would either just have to take off the brace, or leave it on. Or say "Eff Off" and do whatever they want.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    IWI Zion 125 SBR’s were $400 this week.

Obvious, massive drop specifically because they are selling with a stock vs brace.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    IWI Zion 125 SBR’s were $400 this week.

Obvious, massive drop specifically because they are selling with a stock vs brace.
    Where?
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    The only time new restrictive laws effect price is when existing items are exempted ("grandfathering"), as the supply of legal items is now limited.

In this case, (and in all subsequent restrictive laws, IMO) there will be no grandfathering, and things will either be legal, with normal pricing rules, or illegal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    In this case, (and in all subsequent restrictive laws, IMO) there will be no grandfathering, and things will either be legal, with normal pricing rules, or illegal.
    Only increase in value I think would be those who get an amnesty SBR…

So you get a SBR exempt of engraving. If you wanted to sell it, would someone prefer an AR that just has the original manufacturer stamps on it… or own with those and someone’s name/location on it? I think you’ll see more Form 3s occurring with those SBRs at higher prices.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Currently, nobody wants any "pistol" To address the price going up if the rule is overturned-why would one pay more for something that they could purchase otherwise and do a form 1?

My opinion and my opinion only
    If it's the 200 the govt wants-simply do a point of sale fee and the dealer submits monthly tax collected.
    Should there be any NFA?
    The ATFE should've never allowed the braces to begin with, it created the current problem and folks did use it to their advantage to avoid the 200 tax, like it or not it's the truth.

Aside from the should the NFA be a thing, I don't really care about the 200, make it a point of sale so there's no waiting. You still have to pass the check.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Only increase in value I think would be those who get an amnesty SBR…

So you get a SBR exempt of engraving. If you wanted to sell it, would someone prefer an AR that just has the original manufacturer stamps on it… or own with those and someone’s name/location on it? I think you’ll see more Form 3s occurring with those SBRs at higher prices.
    Why would anyone pay more for and pistol-SBR conversion?

If I want an SBR, I buy an SBR. . .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Why would anyone pay more for and pistol-SBR conversion?

If I want an SBR, I buy an SBR. . .
    True. And I don't know of many cases where an SBR is transferred from end user to end user. Not worth the ass ache... and the reason I never sold any of my suppressors.

"Make" or buy an SBR is easier. Then you just have one idiot, or one idiot and a dealer. A two idiot transaction isn't worth it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your posts.

If the BATF pistol brace regulation remains in effect, my understanding is that existing AR15 pistols with braces removed will remain legal. Am I right? I use the term "pistol" to mean an AR15 with a barrel shorter than 16" and no stock, built on a lower receiver that was never part of any rifle.

If the above is true, can the pistol in question have a standard 5-position buffer tube, or must it use a smooth pistol buffer tube?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast