Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Who makes a good budget AR15?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Time View Post
    It's a newer one with it blacked out.
    That yellow one would have to go.
    IIRC the Tread logo is just a piece of plastic that can be removed from the M-lok easily.

Feedback Score
    I would buy a PSA but for under $1000

https://armsunlimited.com/springfiel...m-rifle-black/
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    For a range/target blaster, I've seen the below DPMS for $620-ish on some websites.

The good: Inexpensive. Specs look decent.

The questionable. Made by DPMS, now a sister company of PSA, I understand. Both under the JJE Capital umbrella. The Melonited barrel is a deal breaker for those who prefer a chromed bore.

https://dpmsinc.com/dpms-dr-15-20-5-...ght-black.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I honestly would just get a colt if its an actual colt.
    Its the basic milspec rifle with some good to go parts.
    Its a very bland gun but it will probably out live your grand kids.

I dont trust psa and would rather go buy the $850 M&P my lgs sells and take the extra $150 and buy a cheap sig optic and a sling.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Colt 6920 and an 11.5” PSA… which is now an SBR.

The Colt is actually the only AR I bought complete. Mainly got it because we have M4s and 6920s at work. Very happy with it… and actually got it for $899 off PSA. Having a good extra AR never is a bad thing… if you can do it.

My 11.5” PSA was originally built as a Heat clone. I used an M4 Carbine lower (third position is “burst”). It has a Fostech Echo trigger. Completely a fun gun, but after confirming function, I’d have zero hesitation using it for defense. I do have two sets of forends… one thin and the standard one has an IWC mount with Surefire light (I like options).

When I got the PSA pistol kit, the front sight post was canted. I got it zeroed, but this is what the rear sight looked like.

Spoke to PSA via AR15.com, as their CS rep over there does get stuff done. Sent it back and while it isn’t perfect, the zeroed rear sight is pretty close to centered. Gun runs extremely well.

Also need to consider PSA has really stepped up their QC. Think it really started getting good when the AKs got to GF3. Their original builds… more were prone to issues. Will issues still arise? Yea, they have been really putting out a metric crap ton of firearms over the past couple years. There are A LOT of gun owners who might not be gun owners if it wasn’t for PSA and their availability. Definitely need to give them credit for that.

Am I saying that PSA guns should be everyone’s go to firearm? Absolutely not. But if someone is on a budget and doesn’t have the funds to purchase something at the Colt level or better… PSA is actually a good value and can serve you well. I do recommend putting it thru it’s paces, and if there are issues… contact PSA to fix it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I have a Colt 6920 and an 11.5” PSA… which is now an SBR.

The Colt is actually the only AR I bought complete. Mainly got it because we have M4s and 6920s at work. Very happy with it… and actually got it for $899 off PSA. Having a good extra AR never is a bad thing… if you can do it.

My 11.5” PSA was originally built as a Heat clone. I used an M4 Carbine lower (third position is “burst”). It has a Fostech Echo trigger. Completely a fun gun, but after confirming function, I’d have zero hesitation using it for defense. I do have two sets of forends… one thin and the standard one has an IWC mount with Surefire light (I like options).

When I got the PSA pistol kit, the front sight post was canted. I got it zeroed, but this is what the rear sight looked like.

Spoke to PSA via AR15.com, as their CS rep over there does get stuff done. Sent it back and while it isn’t perfect, the zeroed rear sight is pretty close to centered. Gun runs extremely well.

Also need to consider PSA has really stepped up their QC. Think it really started getting good when the AKs got to GF3. Their original builds… more were prone to issues. Will issues still arise? Yea, they have been really putting out a metric crap ton of firearms over the past couple years. There are A LOT of gun owners who might not be gun owners if it wasn’t for PSA and their availability. Definitely need to give them credit for that.

Am I saying that PSA guns should be everyone’s go to firearm? Absolutely not. But if someone is on a budget and doesn’t have the funds to purchase something at the Colt level or better… PSA is actually a good value and can serve you well. I do recommend putting it thru it’s paces, and if there are issues… contact PSA to fix it.
    All PSA products I’ve bought have been solid. Zero complaints and no issues to date.

I avoided them when they first came out, but about 2018, I bought a complete upper that I use with a CMMG .22 bolt and it shot thousands of rounds of cheap bulk .22 and is “coke can accurate” out to 50 yards.

I’ve since bought a KS47 that I seriously like a lot and a PA-10 Gen 2 that shot fine but was heavy so I sold it to a buddy. That gun shoots sub MOA in .308 and 18” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistoGators View Post
    BCM barreled upper for $510 with free BCM BCG right now ($190 value).
    Aero complete lower for around $200.
    MOE handguard for around $35.
    MBUS rear sight for around $50.
    generic charging handle for around $20.
    When I bought my first AR I essential did the same build, (except I went with complete lower BCM blemished lower). Their free BCG promotion is a smoking good deal. I have several BCM ARs and you’ll be happy with the one of their uppers.

Feedback Score
    If you can stretch to $1200 you can get a really nice rifle. Looks like Sionics switched up their pricing structure a little bit.

You can get their 16 middy with chrome lined barrel for $1200 if you go with the phosphate bcg and no sights. These used to be $1600 with the NP3 bcg and mbus pros. I have several of their phosphate BCG that include OCKS screws and they are really good, so no big loss there IMO.

Also comes with Magpul stock and grip and Radian Raptor charging handle. Pretty good value overall

https://sionicsweaponsystems.com/law...l-rifle-three/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    All PSA products I’ve bought have been solid. Zero complaints and no issues to date.

I avoided them when they first came out, but about 2018, I bought a complete upper that I use with a CMMG .22 bolt and it shot thousands of rounds of cheap bulk .22 and is “coke can accurate” out to 50 yards.

I’ve since bought a KS47 that I seriously like a lot and a PA-10 Gen 2 that shot fine but was heavy so I sold it to a buddy. That gun shoots sub MOA in .308 and 18” barrel.

For the record, the canted front sight post upper was purchased end of October 2020.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    For the record, the canted front sight post upper was purchased end of October 2020.
    I was not saying PSA is perfect, and at their price point, I really wouldn’t expect them to be.

My limited experience with PSA is positive. I think they are better than they were 10 years ago. But everyone makes stuff sub-par from time to time.

I bought a Staccato P Duo a couple years back. After a couple hundred rounds, I had a problem. I sent the gun in. They repaired it and it was fine. They are an excellent company and fast turnaround on the part they owned up to being out is spec.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast