Thread: Ive had the itch for a shotgun but its limited use for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ive had the itch for a shotgun but its limited use for me.

I have been wanting to get one of them "firearm" shotguns with a brace for front door work because my front door is dummy thicc.
    Its about the only use id have for one but I know I must have a shotgun because shotgun.

Am I just being delusional in the need for a shotgun to use on my side of the front door with a sword for a bayonet?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I don't keep "front door" weapons, they just give anyone coming through the door unauthorized access. Shotguns are not primary firearm, neither are AK but I still train with both. An 870P for my pump and a 1301 for my auto. Shotguns with braces don't interest me at all.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    A shotgun is an item that can be transported across state lines without any issues really, even liberal chitholes such as ny,nj,ct etc; that is the reason I now own a 1301 7+1 tactical. Slugs for 15-50yd issues, 00 buck for less than 15yd issues. At home, a 9mm pistol or AR for any untoward situations. The 1301, a good travel companion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    A shotgun is an item that can be transported across state lines without any issues really, even liberal chitholes such as ny,nj,ct etc; that is the reason I now own a 1301 7+1 tactical. Slugs for 15-50yd issues, 00 buck for less than 15yd issues. At home, a 9mm pistol or AR for any untoward situations. The 1301, a good travel companion.
    FWIW, 00 is good to at least 25 or 30 yards, or more, with Federal FlightControl. And I'd say slugs are capable of 100 yards without too much drama, or even further depending on the the load.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I have been wanting to get one of them "firearm" shotguns with a brace for front door work because my front door is dummy thicc.
    Its about the only use id have for one but I know I must have a shotgun because shotgun.

Am I just being delusional in the need for a shotgun to use on my side of the front door with a sword for a bayonet?
    No you don’t actually need a shotgun unless you do for hunting or shotgun games.

The same goes for needing a “long range” .308 etc bolt gun that doesn’t get shot enough to be proficient at longer range than a decent shooter with a scoped AR is.

That said there is nothing wrong with wanting or owning one. I’d highly recommend a regular 18” model with a very short stock for practical use though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Owning a shotgun is a fabulous idea. Owning one with a brace is not. If a person can't effectively use a shotgun with an 18" barrel and stock with a reasonable length of pull inside their house, then they have a training/personal issue, not a weapon issue.

I just looked at a photo I took years ago, and Federal's 8 pellet Flight-Control OO load put 7 of 8 pellets into approximately 4" to 4.25" at 22 yards, from an M4 with IC choke installed. If the shotty's got good sights, I consider it very effective inside of 40 yards with this load and 100 yards with slugs.
    Last edited by grizzman; 03-02-23 at 22:25.