Thread: I don't know how anyone can stand commercial flights

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

I don't know how anyone can stand commercial flights

I really got tired of flying when I had to travel for work and will normally drive. This year I had no choice. Two trips - two headaches.

My Mom was hospitalized in January and my wife and I flew up. Return flight - bad weather, flight delayed overnight. Not the airline's fault, out of pocket for a hotel. Delayed at first of two connections, airline had to hold plane, luckily a bunch of us would have missed it and they would have lost money flying a nearly empty aircraft. Total PITA and massive stress.

Mom passed away last Saturday and I had to fly up for the funeral. Return flight - no pilot available so flight was delayed and no connecting flight available to my hometown until the next day. Had them change to a different city 83 miles away and my wife picked me up. They agent assured me that my bag would go to my hometown as it was originally checked to go.

Guess who gets to drive 166 miles to get his bag today? By the way, don't think its possible to talk to a person at American Airlines.

I'm done. I will fly for work if I cannot avoid it, or overseas. Otherwise, I will drive 2000 miles before my ass sits in another airplane seat.

Just ranting. It beats glaring at my dog...

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-04-23 at 09:11.