Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Tisas 1911

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'd love to find a 9mm version around. I already have a 1911 45 and don't shoot it much, but I'd like a reasonably reliable 9mm.
    I am tickled with my 9mm. Picked it up last year for $350 OTD. I put 500 rounds of 115 FMJ from Freedom Munitions (remanufactured) to break it in. Around 450 rounds the slide started getting sluggish about closing. I only applied lube when I started. Poured some more CLP on the slide and the last 50 rounds went as smooth as the first 50. I've got about 200 rounds of HP to try and then it will be either a truck or barn gun. I also need to paint the front sight. My 70 year eyes don't pick it up real well.
    Last edited by RugerMKII; 03-10-23 at 13:49. Reason: Grammar

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerMKII View Post
    I am tickled with my 9mm. Picked it up last year for $350 OTD. I put 500 rounds of 115 FMJ from Freedom Munitions (remanufactured) to break it in. Around 450 rounds the slide started getting sluggish about closing. I only applied lube when I started. Poured some more CLP on the slide and the last 50 as smooth as the first 50. I've got about 200 rounds of HP to try and then it will be either a truck or barn gun. I also need to paint the front sight. My 70 year eyes don't pick it real well.
    Damn. That's nice.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerMKII View Post
    I am tickled with my 9mm. Picked it up last year for $350 OTD. I put 500 rounds of 115 FMJ from Freedom Munitions (remanufactured) to break it in. Around 450 rounds the slide started getting sluggish about closing. I only applied lube when I started. Poured some more CLP on the slide and the last 50 rounds went as smooth as the first 50. I've got about 200 rounds of HP to try and then it will be either a truck or barn gun. I also need to paint the front sight. My 70 year eyes don't pick it up real well.
    I have bought thousands of Freedom Rounds, but my last batch was the only time I had issues. So, double check with other if you continue to have problems.

Good luck with your blaster.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have bought thousands of Freedom Rounds, but my last batch was the only time I had issues. So, double check with other if you continue to have problems.

Good luck with your blaster.

PB
    My experience mirrors yours. Out of the 500 rounds I had one that the primer fell out of. First time for that. The ejection pattern was all over the place but I expected that with their remanufactured line.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Bama, that dont look half bad and for the price. You and Slater beat the shite out of those things guys and report back. Pretty cool.

PB
    Probably close to 500 rds or so through it. That's plenty enough for me. Recommend it no problem. No idea if newer models are the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd love to find a 9mm version around. I already have a 1911 45 and don't shoot it much, but I'd like a reasonably reliable 9mm.
    Fami!y firearms...out of Alabama..good prices and decent inventory

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Fami!y firearms...out of Alabama..good prices and decent inventory
    I'll look them up.

(They have one 9mm, and it's out of stock.)
    Last edited by markm; 03-19-23 at 11:43.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Classic Firearms. Bought a 9mm and 45 each around $350. Watch for sales.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Been on the fence getting a 'GI' 1911 for years. I mean its such an old outdated design right...?
    While back a friend let me shoot her dad's WW2 issued 1911, not super accurate but just a joy to shoot. (Only issue was the sights...holy crap....). Felt like it was made for my hand - made me want one. But prices for a decent 1911 are a bit steep, and 'budget', well you tend to get what you pay for.
    Fast forward ~ 4 weeks ago, big sale at PSA: Tisas 'government issue', black cerakote, $299....
    How could I hold out any longer? At that price nothing to lose.
    Behold my amazement.
    Out of the box no question its a well made gun. Very clean machining and tight where it counts. With just the right very small 'updates' to make it even better, but visually still 'GI' model.
    Trigger is crisp and light, almost unreal for a factory 1911. Eats whatever I feed it, sights are almost ok - so I put on a Streamlight TLR6 and yo its a friggin tack driver.
    (And making me question the entire current polymer frame/striker fire/barrel unlocking concept.)
    So its made in Turkey; which sort of explains the price point - wages in general over there are a fraction of what they are here & 'elsewhere', yet clearly there's some highly skilled machinists running state of the art equipment.
    Not sure if I just got lucky, but yeah one of the best deals ever.
    Last edited by polydeuces; 03-21-23 at 14:14.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I was one click away from buying this one last week, but pulled back just because I am going on a long weekend down South and wanted to save my $$$ just in case! I'll be back early next week and if all goes well I will have one heading my way by Tuesday, LOL! With Buds extra Lifetime Warranty + Tax,(Free Shipping) it was around $534ish I believe, pretty dang decent for a gun with these features I thought. Anyways I will hang and wait and prob grab this up, after all, what's not to like? Will keep ya posted on how it goes.
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...l+%26+beaverta

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast