Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Tisas 1911

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    Been on the fence getting a 'GI' 1911 for years. I mean its such an old outdated design right...?
    While back a friend let me shoot her dad's WW2 issued 1911, not super accurate but just a joy to shoot. (Only issue was the sights...holy crap....). Felt like it was made for my hand - made me want one. But prices for a decent 1911 are a bit steep, and 'budget', well you tend to get what you pay for.
    Fast forward ~ 4 weeks ago, big sale at PSA: Tisas 'government issue', black cerakote, $299....
    How could I hold out any longer? At that price nothing to lose.
    Behold my amazement.
    Out of the box no question its a well made gun. Very clean machining and tight where it counts. With just the right very small 'updates' to make it even better, but visually still 'GI' model.
    Trigger is crisp and light, almost unreal for a factory 1911. Eats whatever I feed it, sights are almost ok - so I put on a Streamlight TLR6 and yo its a friggin tack driver.
    (And making me question the entire current polymer frame/striker fire/barrel unlocking concept.)
    So its made in Turkey; which sort of explains the price point - wages in general over there are a fraction of what they are here & 'elsewhere', yet clearly there's some highly skilled machinists running state of the art equipment.
    Not sure if I just got lucky, but yeah one of the best deals ever.
    The Turks have a history of making excellent firearms from pounding out AK parts in outdoor bazaars to high-end guns.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My buddy shot a Tisas 1911 at our match last night. Poor guy came in dead last , he had one malfunction with every mag. But he ran shit Tisas mags, I was “ come on man-get a Wilson. So he agreed.

Hopefully it was mag related not gun.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Haven't heard about Tisas performance in matches. Hopefully that isn't typical.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    My buddy shot a Tisas 1911 at our match last night. Poor guy came in dead last , he had one malfunction with every mag. But he ran shit Tisas mags, I was “ come on man-get a Wilson. So he agreed.

Hopefully it was mag related not gun.

PB
    Never heard of Tisas-manufactured magazines before. Mine came with Mec-Gar which I have always found to be excellent.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Never heard of Tisas-manufactured magazines before. Mine came with Mec-Gar which I have always found to be excellent.
    I looked at them, maybe they are mec gear which are pretty good mags. I was just hoping to blame the mags not the gun. Time will tell. I have always said, buying top tier gear doesn’t guarantee greatness, it only increases the probability. You can buy bargain gear and get great results, I hope you do.

Hell, Mark is looking at one. I hope he gets one we can beat to shit.

PB.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-26-23 at 20:35.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I recently bought a Tisas 1911 Carry (all steel) 4.25"barrel 9mm. IRRC, paid $365 +/- from Classic.
    It has been flawless and a ball to shoot.
    I disassembled it and I was impressed with the machining. I stand to be corrected but I do not believe the fire control parts are MIM.
    Stock trigger was very, very good.
    The only substantive change I made was replacing the extractor with a EGW 9mm specific extractor. But honestly, the original extractor worked fine.
    Last edited by LDM; 04-05-23 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    N of 1, I'm up to 400 rounds in a 9mm without many issues, a few fail to ejects.

150 in a .45 version, same thing (about one every 50 rounds), but lots more wear on the parts. So far.

Feedback Score
    I bought the cheapest of the cheap ones (black milspec model). So far it has worked fine but I have only used FMJ remington ammuntion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    My buddy shot a Tisas 1911 at our match last night. Poor guy came in dead last , he had one malfunction with every mag
    It's a 1911, just stuff 100$ bills into it until it works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 308TRUMPFTW View Post
    I bought the cheapest of the cheap ones (black milspec model). So far it has worked fine but I have only used FMJ remington ammuntion.

It's a 1911, just stuff 100$ bills into it until it works.
    Yep. sadly that's life with many things

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast